Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, our Touring in Cinnamon arrived late Monday to our dealer in Kennesaw, GA and we picked her up last night!
A full month before the planned delivery date of 7/20! We pre-ordered the day orders opened. All the reviews so far have been spot on. The power was our biggest concern, but wow, this is great!

This replaced our 2015 Outback 3.6R and makes Subaru #4 ('05 Legacy 2.5GT, '15 Outback 3.6R, '18 Forester XT, '19 Ascent Touring)

Now just to convince Cobb on the AP.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
So, our Touring in Cinnamon arrived late Monday to our dealer in Kennesaw, GA and we picked her up last night!
A full month before the planned delivery date of 7/20! We pre-ordered the day orders opened. All the reviews so far have been spot on. The power was our biggest concern, but wow, this is great!

This replaced our 2015 Outback 3.6R and makes Subaru #4 ('05 Legacy 2.5GT, '15 Outback 3.6R, '18 Forester XT, '19 Ascent Touring)

That picture is gorgeous! Moar please!!!

Congrats by the way! We still don’t have ours though. I’m not bitter... :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine (Crimson Red Touring) was supposed to be delivered Tuesday to Richmond, VA. Now, it seems, they have no idea where it is or when it will come in. The sales manager has no idea either...they said "it gets here when it gets here", and they will let me know when the truck pulls into the lot. Really? They have no idea where it is? (I am leaving for Oak Island Saturday and REALLY want to take it from Richmond VA to the beach!!) It is kind of unbelievable to me that they don't have any idea where a truck full of Subarus are!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine (Crimson Red Touring) was supposed to be delivered Tuesday to Richmond, VA. Now, it seems, they have no idea where it is or when it will come in. The sales manager has no idea either...they said "it gets here when it gets here", and they will let me know when the truck pulls into the lot. Really? They have no idea where it is? (I am leaving for Oak Island Saturday and REALLY want to take it from Richmond VA to the beach!!) It is kind of unbelievable to me that they don't have any idea where a truck full of Subarus are!
Maybe they should start shipping the cars FedEx or UPS so they can be tracked?:tango_face_wink::devil:

·
Registered
49 Posts

Yay! We're in Augusta with a 7/3 date... Hoping for early!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
We've had trucks break down with a truck load of cars in the past. They just sat there on the truck on the side of the road for a couple days while they waited for another truck to pick them up. It all depends on the trucking company :(

The only reason we found out is the truck driver told us when he arrived. If he hadn't have said anything we wouldn't have known why they were late.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine came early also! Picked it up from the dealership June 16. My husband had been quoted a delivery date of some time in late July when he ordered it - and he was definitely NOT one of the first to pre-order or anything. it's so weird. BTW mine is also a Cinnamon Brown Pearl Touring model :) And, I also think it has great pick-up -- much more so than my 2011 Touring Elite Honda Odyssey anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! Another pic is below - love the cinnamon color.

So far one weekend in and have taken a few trips around town outfitted with 2 kids, an aunt and the grandparents, the Ascent has performed very well. We are beyond happy with it. The ride is comfortable, has enough room to sneak into the backseat even with the carseats in place (one forward and one rear facing), and there's good get up and go.

A couple of issues though - as someone else pointed out, our rear passenger door lock often sticks. The side view mirrors do not remember their settings with the stored seat settings, and we would love the second row to slide and tilt with the car seats still in it. Other than that so far so good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Thanks everyone! Another pic is below - love the cinnamon color.

So far one weekend in and have taken a few trips around town outfitted with 2 kids, an aunt and the grandparents, the Ascent has performed very well. We are beyond happy with it. The ride is comfortable, has enough room to sneak into the backseat even with the carseats in place (one forward and one rear facing), and there's good get up and go.

A couple of issues though - as someone else pointed out, our rear passenger door lock often sticks. The side view mirrors do not remember their settings with the stored seat settings, and we would love the second row to slide and tilt with the car seats still in it. Other than that so far so good!
Please make sure you pass that feedback to your dealer and SOA and maybe even @Carl Abrams

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
How is the ride on the highway. smooth? enough power to get going?
So, we took her on her first road trip this weekend and she performed admirably! Plenty of power (though I have sent Cobb a copy of our ECU data already) and she did great in a brief period of torrential downpour.

Are the side mirrors part of the memory function? It would be nice to have the 19 Foresters driver focus system in the Ascent. Perhaps next year.
The side mirrors are not part of the memory function. Sad that I have to adjust this every time I get into the car.

Oh, and just for kicks a picture with another member of the family. Our Forester XT :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.