Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just stopped by with his Touring. I had ridden in the test mule Touring but not a final production. One of the things I wanted to see was if the ambient lighting was just the footwell kit. It's not. There's small light strips above the Ivory covered dash and door panel pieces that glow. It appears to be more amber in color. The same for the footwell lighting upfront. What I forgot to do is look for the footwell lighting in the back. Maybe next time!

Below is a upward shot under the glove box and a picture he took at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
My buddy just stopped by with his Touring. I had ridden in the test mule Touring but not a final production. One of the things I wanted to see was if the ambient lighting was just the footwell kit. It's not. There's small light strips above the Ivory covered dash and door panel pieces that glow. It appears to be more amber in color. The same for the footwell lighting upfront. What I forgot to do is look for the footwell lighting in the back. Maybe next time!

Below is a upward shot under the glove box and a picture he took at night.
I can relive my club days of my twenties and yet be home and in bed before 10p as is necessary in my forties! Bliss and glee! The Ascent is a time machine, too! Thank you for sharing!:smile:

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
I was just asked yesterday if I wanted red or blue... I picked red, which I guess is the red rings and amber lighting? I will post pics next week once I get it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Woah that is kinda cool! Everyone keep us posted on if this will be easy to retrofit into other trims. I'd like to do this to our Limited too.

Question: is this on all the time or is there a switch or does it come on in Park?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking the add on kit that you're doing just adds the lighting below the driver and passenger lights under the dash like the other model Subaru's. You can pick red or blue.

I was just asked yesterday if I wanted red or blue... I picked red, which I guess is the red rings and amber lighting? I will post pics next week once I get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts