Subaru Ascent Forum banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
75 Posts
1) My hood vibrates too much it looks like it will fly off. Speed limit here is 70.

2) Rear cargo light should of been on top not side blocked when full of cargo.

3) Radio volume display is a nuisance more than a help especially when using navigation.

3.5) Sorry had to squeeze this in, 19 cups holders but the one in the console I need the most should have an adjustable padding like Dodge Caravan so drinks stay put and not spell all over.
Subiespeed will solve the #3
easily installed
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
75 Posts
Don’t expect the recent TSB will fix your hood shake. Not one engineer or anyone from Subaru has called me. They think the skin has come loose from the stiffner frames (spot welds broke loose). I am a retired Mechanical Engineer that bought a 2020 and the first day I experienced wind gust the back of the hood vibrated lifting the hood assembly 3/8” since last October. The increased air pressure flowing through the engine compartment and engine air inlet is pushing the back up. This could of been resolved with a traditional hood scoop to the heat exchanger reducing pressure to the hood... instead of channeling air under the hood for looks. Good luck as I am trading my Ascent, giving up on Subaru’s commitment to their customer. I have complained too many times to them. It’s sad as I have had their cars for 20 years....
no it's not shaking in 100 m/h. didn't tri it at higher speed ,but I believe its because much heavier F.G. construction of the hood scoop.

141 - 142 of 142 Posts