Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last time I drove through here (Angeles Crest Highway) was during the summer with RWD and sticky summer tires. AWD and some Continental Terraincontacts this time around.

Blacked out grill surround in photoshop. Think I'll be going gloss black vinyl wrap.

Rinsed off the car with high pressure followed by spot free rinse after. Was amazed how easily all the road grime and salt came off. Love that Meguiars Fast Finish !

Will make a undercarriage wash later with a garden sprinkler and some pvc pipe.

EDIT: Resized pictures for faster loading.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
^ Yup, that unsprung weight difference is crazy.

It's why those who are crazy about it not only look at the weight of the wheels, but also the tire carcass....and even obsess about the lug nuts. :smile_big:

You pictures are totally epic, BTW!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks!

My commute is so varied it’s hard to tell mpg change, I’d imagine it would improve for city a bit. But lots of idling in parking lots since we feed the baby in the Ascent when we go out.

I remember when I went to 33s BFG ATs on my truck and drove a stock Tundra it felt about the same, braking felt like it took longer and initial acceleration wasn’t as instant. Wish I had 60’ times ? I have taken my truck down Pomona Drags when they had street legal racing. I believe it ran a 15.9, and I smoked a Supra....and beat him for the first 100’ until it got into the boost then he pulled away like crazy ??/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Link to the tech

https://youtu.be/_XSkWn1V8Vk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't normally care much for white cars, but I love the way this looks like a wild animal that has it's winter coat in these pics.

·
Registered
667 Posts
^ I like the look, but I honestly can't imagine any MORE air going to our TMIC, given the gigantic ductwork in our grill(e) and under our hood.

That said....

I *still* want a hood scoop. ;)

Add moar vents and extractors, would ya? :devil:

·
Registered
494 Posts
^ I like the look, but I honestly can't imagine any MORE air going to our TMIC, given the gigantic ductwork in our grill(e) and under our hood.

That said....

I *still* want a hood scoop. ;)

Add moar vents and extractors, would ya? :devil:

The hoodscoop and the big foglights was the signature look for Subarus. +1 for a giant hoodscoop hahaha :devil:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts