Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my Ascent in for an oil change cvt transmission work (high rpm not fake shifting) loud fans on cooled seats and the sun roof whistles really bad. First night I left it the location at 5:15 am was not near the Subaru dealership I took it too, in the 2 1/2 days they have had it rmthey have put on 81 miles and use 200 miles worth of gas, my range went from 300 to 120.
Dose that seem excessive for an oil change and some maintenance also them taking it home is that even legal? I took screen shots at different times during service

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
I can't get your attachments to enlarge but if what you are saying is true I would be all over the service manager.

They will need to put some miles on it but 81 seems quite excessive. They will possibly idle it longer than normal so a drop in range would be expected but 300-81 gets you 220ish. They could be idling it extra long, making short trips, and I would expect some throttle as you said you were having issues with the CVT not *shifting*.

If you have proof they took it home for the night I would not be too nice...

·
Registered
646 Posts
If it were at someone's house at 5:15 am possibly. I'd have a talk with the service manager and try to keep your calm. See where it goes and see what they say. Remember you had an issue they needed to diagnose. They will need to drive your car. It should not be used for someone to travel to their house for the night or to run errands though. And 80 miles seems excessive to diagnose the issue imo.

Have they contacted you with an update or anything?

You can setup a boundary alert for x miles from the dealership and you could see when they are using it (if you don't have it back already)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuesday night i was told every thing was fixed but wanted to keep one more night to verify repairs, show up Wednesday evening to get it and told still working on it , this morning get the text at 8am that it is finished i have not brought it up about mileage and at someones house yet.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Ok. Got the images to load. Going to reload them with shorter names and hope to stop the server stall.

Few questions.
1.) Why is it 11/11/18 at 5:58PM to 11/15/18 at 7:59AM. It would have been 3 and 1/2 days, not two and 1/2.
2.) Are you sure that your dealer repairs and stores all cars onsite? A lot of dealers in cities will have a side lot/repair shop for long repair cars.
3.) With less then 5k on your car, you can not trust either the MPG or distance meters. The car does not have enough data yet to make up those figures. Which is why your MPG has not changed but your distance has gone from 300 to 120 in 80 miles. The car is guessing. As soon as it gets more data about how you drive it will get closer.
4.) How is the mechanic going to fix your car with out driving it?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.