Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, I buffed one side of my car for photographs... I think it was worth it. I also think I need to finish buffing and waxing my car, lol! :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Have you ever tried driving down the shore in Island Beach State Park?
Not yet, but, considering I like both the beach and light houses (Barnegat Light is right there, as you probably already know), I'm adding it to my list.

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im new to Subaru and would love to take mine into the beach in ny what do I need equipment wise and where can I go please :)
Hi,

Depends on the beach. For state beaches, you need a Beach 4x4 Fishing Permit, and the state's list of required things, which are on the permits page. For Suffolk County Beaches (eg: Smiths Point), you need a county beach 4x4 permit and a very similar list (everything the state requires except the fishing equipment, unless you're going during fishing time, in which case you will need that too).

New York State Permits:
You can scroll to the bottom to find the current year's permit. They end on December 31st, so, you need to decide on getting something that expires in a few months or waiting until January (the prices are not discounted for end of year purchase).

Suffolk County NY Permits:

Required Supplies:
(plus fishing gear for NYS or for fishing time at Suffolk County beaches)
  • a portable toilet
  • tow rope or tow chain
  • jack and jack board
  • shovel
  • tire gauge (able to register a minimum of 5 PSI) when traveling over beaches.
Also need:
  • Air compressor
  • Method of airing down tires
Of those, all I use are the air compressor and the tire deflators, unless I am towing someone out who's stuck.

NYS Rules:
  • Tires are not allowed to exceed 33 inches in diameter or 12.5 inches in width at any point. Before passing the Beach Vehicle checkpoint location, tires must be aired down to half of the maximum rated pressure.
  • Drivers are not allowed to pass through bathing areas between 7 AM and 5 PM from the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day at specifically designated parks.
  • While at the beach, drivers must follow designated access roads and may not exceed 10 miles per hour.
  • 4x4s are only allowed to access fishing or surfing areas and may not be used to travel elsewhere. They are prohibited from driving over dunes, wetlands, beach grass, bird nesting areas, seal haul out areas, and sand fences.
  • Drivers must stay to the right of oncoming traffic and give pedestrians the right-of-way.
  • 4x4s must be carrying fishing equipment (including rods and reels) or surfing equipment, a portable toilet, tow rope or tow chain, jack, jack board, shovel, and a tire gauge (able to register a minimum of 5 PSI) when traveling over beaches.
    • Vehicles must use approved tires and spare tire.
  • Do not destroy the sand fence, and take trash with you to discard in trash receptacles.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Luis, that would be awesome for long trips. Especially during the covid times we are in now and most of the traveler’s toilets (aka McDonalds) are closed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

Depends on the beach. For state beaches, you need a Beach 4x4 Fishing Permit, and the state's list of required things, which are on the permits page. For Suffolk County Beaches (eg: Smiths Point), you need a county beach 4x4 permit and a very similar list (everything the state requires except the fishing equipment, unless you're going during fishing time, in which case you will need that too).

New York State Permits:
You can scroll to the bottom to find the current year's permit. They end on December 31st, so, you need to decide on getting something that expires in a few months or waiting until January (the prices are not discounted for end of year purchase).

Suffolk County NY Permits:

Required Supplies:
(plus fishing gear for NYS or for fishing time at Suffolk County beaches)
  • a portable toilet
  • tow rope or tow chain
  • jack and jack board
  • shovel
  • tire gauge (able to register a minimum of 5 PSI) when traveling over beaches.
Also need:
  • Air compressor
  • Method of airing down tires
Of those, all I use are the air compressor and the tire deflators, unless I am towing someone out who's stuck.

NYS Rules:
  • Tires are not allowed to exceed 33 inches in diameter or 12.5 inches in width at any point. Before passing the Beach Vehicle checkpoint location, tires must be aired down to half of the maximum rated pressure.
  • Drivers are not allowed to pass through bathing areas between 7 AM and 5 PM from the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day at specifically designated parks.
  • While at the beach, drivers must follow designated access roads and may not exceed 10 miles per hour.
  • 4x4s are only allowed to access fishing or surfing areas and may not be used to travel elsewhere. They are prohibited from driving over dunes, wetlands, beach grass, bird nesting areas, seal haul out areas, and sand fences.
  • Drivers must stay to the right of oncoming traffic and give pedestrians the right-of-way.
  • 4x4s must be carrying fishing equipment (including rods and reels) or surfing equipment, a portable toilet, tow rope or tow chain, jack, jack board, shovel, and a tire gauge (able to register a minimum of 5 PSI) when traveling over beaches.
    • Vehicles must use approved tires and spare tire.
  • Do not destroy the sand fence, and take trash with you to discard in trash receptacles.
Omg thank you !

·
Administrator
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts