Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, we're about to begin our 48hrs of Tristate Subaru Enthusiasts Charity Drive for Make-A-Wish.
This year, due to the pandemic, this will be a single state, socially distanced cruise - but the goal is the same...

Raising money for Make-A-Wish

I've got a lot of prep work for my car and for the event ahead - but, in the meantime, you too can help.
Even $5 helps me get closer to my goal

DONATE HERE

Last year, you all helped me raise over $3,000 in donations and corporate sponsorships, so, this year, I am hoping to raise a similar amount, with your generous help. In total, we all raised over $43,000 for Make-A-Wish!!!

I grew up with a childhood full of go-carts (built and bought), tree forts, soccer, Dungeons and Dragons and so much more. So, I cannot imagine how extremely difficult the lives of Wish Kids are. Eventually, as an adult, many of us end up realizing at some point that medical issues are often a horrible burden to deal with. But, to be a kid dealing with a life threatening illness has to be so many times more horrible – not to mention that so many aspects of a normal childhood that get taken from them.

Hearing the stories of those we’ve helped gain some enjoyment through a wish granted is a wonderful thing – knowing we’ve helped bring at least a few moments of normalcy and a few moments of being a kid into these children’s lives.

So, it means a lot to me, every time someone donates to my fundraiser and to this wonderful cause. Later in 2021, we’ll know what wishes your donation and the donations of others have helped us grant, so, stay tuned. And, in the meantime, please donate what you can, to this wonderful cause. Your donation goes DIRECTLY to Make-A-Wish through their website.

http://site.wish.org/goto/SubaruAmbassadorRob5

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So... it's a rare thing, but it's time to remove all my camping and hiking gear, and re-pack for long driving and photography. I need to swap out the wiper fluid, and I need to reconfigure the storage boxes. Nothing crazy. Recovery gear remains, in the off chance the need arises, as we travel through the mountains (in the event of the blizzards we usually run into during the trip).

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I am already at 15% of my goal!!! You all are awesome!!!

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PLEASE HELP
Hey all! For those of you in the New York Area, please, consider joining us on this socially distanced, in car/outdoors 3 day #SubaruEnthusiast Charity Drive to benefit Make-A-Wish.
https://secure2.wish.org/site/TR?fr_id=3809&pg=topparticipantlisthttps://www.facebook.com/events/3721092571287199/

We will be cruising on and off road through Central, Northern and Western NY, with a few special and fun outdoor stops planned along the way. If it's like most years, we will hit snow in the northern altitudes, and be driving through it. Two years ago, we drove on Lake Algonquin. Yes, ON Lake Algonquin. Last year, we raised over $42,000 - but this year will be a tough one, and we need all the help we can get.

Please, consider being a part of this epic event and help us raise money for a great cause! Pick the MtnRoo Tri-State or MtnRoo Mid-Atlantic team if you do sign up (or make your own team).

If you can't attend, then, please, go to the link below, pick someone and click on their name, and donate what you can to their fundraiser (and, share their fundraising page with the world).

#SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #Charity #SubaruLovesGiving #MakeAWish #SubaruLovesToCare #MtnRoo

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, @traildogck, for your continued commitment, this year and every year, without fail, to this great cause!

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, to "The Brady Bunch", whoever you are, for your generous $100 donation!!! Now up to $705 of $3,000 and sooo much closer to the next milestone (breaking the $1K mark)! I'm honored to be a small part of this wonderful community - you all are amazing!!! 💖

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I'm now at $1,950 of my $3,000 goal!!! Thank you, to all of you, who've contributed!!!

In $50, I will have reached the 2/3 mark on my fundraising!!!

LAST year, here's the wishes you all helped us grant! Read this and tell me it doesn't bring a tear to your eye! These are the wishes, their time permitting, Melissa, Daevon and David will experience, thanks to your generosity.

And, remember, if you're in NY area, you can participate!!!

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robert, is this a Subaru Ambassador recognized event?
I believe it will be again. I haven't yet added it to the calendar. It needs some of the logistics worked out for check in.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, what a weekend!!! I am finally back and rested up. This past weekend was amazing, in no small part due to the many of you who helped me blow past my goal!!!

💖 In total, all of us raised $32,528 for Make-A-Wish!!! 💖

We started the trip at Subaru of America headquarters, where, none other than Tom Doll, Subaru's President and CEO, handed every one of us our breakfasts-for-the-road, prepared in Subaru's own kitchens!!! Tom stood out in the cold for almost an hour as everyone drove up, so he could say hi to each and every participant and hand them their breakfasts and some Subaru Swag as Subaru's way of saying "thanks!" for all everyone did in fundraising!!!

It's always great seeing Tom!!!
He's one of the most down to earth people I've met!!! Always great to chat with him!

They also donated $5,000 to the fundraiser!!!

AND, to top off an already great start to the trip, they rolled out the brand new 2022 Subaru BRZ "Demo Car" for me to have an exclusive little photo shoot!!! :love: If I could have a second car, it would be a toss up between this fun little RWD coupe and an STI...

From there, we drove up to Utica, and then did a little off roading and a lot of cruising, for a total of 1,083 miles (plus each of our trips to starting and ending locations from our homes). More pics to follow!!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
132 Posts
Wow, what a weekend!!! I am finally back and rested up. This past weekend was amazing, in no small part due to the many of you who helped me blow past my goal!!!

💖 In total, all of us raised $32,528 for Make-A-Wish!!! 💖

We started the trip at Subaru of America headquarters, where, none other than Tom Doll, Subaru's President and CEO, handed every one of us our breakfasts-for-the-road, prepared in Subaru's own kitchens!!! Tom stood out in the cold for almost an hour as everyone drove up, so he could say hi to each and every participant and hand them their breakfasts and some Subaru Swag as Subaru's way of saying "thanks!" for all everyone did in fundraising!!!

It's always great seeing Tom!!!
He's one of the most down to earth people I've met!!! Always great to chat with him!

View attachment 6885

They also donated $5,000 to the fundraiser!!!

AND, to top off an already great start to the trip, they rolled out the brand new 2022 Subaru BRZ "Demo Car" for me to have an exclusive little photo shoot!!! :love: If I could have a second car, it would be a toss up between this fun little RWD coupe and an STI...

From there, we drove up to Utica, and then did a little off roading and a lot of cruising, for a total of 1,083 miles (plus each of our trips to starting and ending locations from our homes). More pics to follow!!!
Just want to thank you and all the other staff members for the work you all put in to this event. Keeping it going for 20 years is an achievement in itself, but raising over $32,000 for Make A Wish is fantastic. And having the President and CEO of Subaru out there serving breakfast shows the community commitment from Subaru, from the top down. THANKS SUBARU!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts