Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent Touring model has the 20” tires. It came from the dealer with 39 lbs. of nitrogen in each tire - according to the menu display. I have not checked them with a tire gauge yet though. The sticker on the door pillar recommends 33 lbs. per tire. What are you folks running in the 20” tires?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,880 Posts
I typically run the door indication or 1-2 PSI (cold) higher, depending on the tires...My Ascent is new so I haven't started playing around with it yet, however. My previous vehicle was a Grand Cherokee which was about 500 lbs heavier than the Ascent Touring. I ran at 38 PSI (cold) with the door indicating 36 PSI (cold). And that was with Michelin Defender LTX tires on 20" wheels.

·
Registered
421 Posts

My tire gauge and the car's readings are very close. My Touring/20" stock Falkens came with blue tire caps (no idea if they were pumped with actual nitrogen... but regular air is 78% nitrogen anyway, can't imagine a huge difference in whatever they are going for there). Car reading on driving from dealership was 34's all around, so I figured that was close enough to 33 psi cold. I've since adjusted pressures as the startup/morning temps dipped through the winter and then back up again in the spring. For towing, I added 2 psi to the rears and haven't dropped it back down yet.

Except for towing, I adjust for 33 psi cold all around, whatever the season's cold startup temp happens to be. Seems to work, 12500 miles since September. Tire wear has been very even.

F.S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts