Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every few drives, the tire pressure units shown on the driver screen change to kPa. I change them back to PSI. Everything is fine. Then after a couple more drives it resets itself back to kPa. Nothing else changes from a previous setting besides tire pressure units. Odd! It's been this way for at least a year or so, if not forever. Anyone else seen this, or better yet...have a solution?

(2019 model year)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just pulled the battery terminal on my 2019 Touring, and it resets to kPa. Everything else seems to stay - top screen apps, trip odometer, avg mpg. So maybe a battery might be loose, or a fuse?
F.S.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Every few drives, the tire pressure units shown on the driver screen change to kPa. I change them back to PSI. Everything is fine. Then after a couple more drives it resets itself back to kPa. Nothing else changes from a previous setting besides tire pressure units. Odd! It's been this way for at least a year or so, if not forever. Anyone else seen this, or better yet...have a solution?

(2019 model year)
it happened to me and finally the change I made stuck. It was some time back, but I think I had not saved the change properly in the settings menu. I was pulling my hair out for some time. Follow this video and I suspect you will have success.

how to

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dumb question, are you using the same key?
Yes, but there are times when both keys are in the car. Never thought about if that triggers the unit change...l’ll look into it.

it happened to me and finally the change I made stuck. It was some time back, but I think I had not saved the change properly in the settings menu. I was pulling my hair out for some time. Follow this video and I suspect you will have success.
Thanks, but that is the process I follow. I think it’s the only way to do it, regardless(?).

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yes, but there are times when both keys are in the car. Never thought about if that triggers the unit change...l’ll look into it.

Thanks, but that is the process I follow. I think it’s the only way to do it, regardless(?).
I wasn't sure I had hit set after I initially changed my setting. Any other setting reversals?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
43 Posts
When we purchased our Ascent in May of 2020 and went through the orientation we were asked if we had any questions. That was my question! How do you change the tire pressure readout to PSI. I threw them for a loop! LOL That night I figured out how to do it, and it has held on PSI ever since. Let us know what the service department says!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had this happening, along with some other issues, and slow starting. Turned out it was my battery, had a bad cell, got replaced (but by the OEM battery) and don't have the TPM units changing any more...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had this happening, along with some other issues, and slow starting. Turned out it was my battery, had a bad cell, got replaced (but by the OEM battery) and don't have the TPM units changing any more...
Thanks, I bet that's what it is. The battery has always seemed subpar. Slow starts happen every so often, for no reason. Voltage drops real low only hours after use. Has died due to hatch being open. I'll mention it to dealer next time I go in, but I imagine they'll test it and say it's fine...we'll see. Worst case I'll buy a better replacement. Thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
43 Posts
This could turn into another battery thread.LOL. We fought weird electrical issues on our 2015 Outback, until I replaced the battery with an AGM at two years old. It solved all issues, and is still in the vehicle. With that experience, we replaced the Ascent battery at the first sign of weakness with an Odyssey 35-PC1400T. Drops right in. Way overkill, but I bought a used boat that had Odyssey's in it, and we are amazed at the performance of them. Hakuna matata. The older I get the more it's worth! At least get an AGM!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts