Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I started the Ascent and the digital individual tire pressures appeared in the center screen display. That screen doesn't normally show when starting, nor has it showed up since. The pressures were all good. The display pressures units were Kpa. I changed the display pressure units to PSI, but was unable to ever get the same screen again that showed the individual tire pressures in Kpa or PSI. All I got were " --- " where the digital pressures showed once before. Can't find any reference in the manuals about display of individual tire pressures. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The dashes will change to the correct readings after the car has been driven a couple blocks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not showing the 'cold' tire pressure is not all that helpful, is it?

I've always checked tire pressure manually when they are cold, not 'driven for few blocks'. I thought that was the correct way to do it.

·
Registered
217 Posts

I've always checked tire pressure manually when they are cold, not 'driven for few blocks'. I thought that was the correct way to do it.
I drove mine one block and the pressure came on, all at 31. I drove another 5 blocks to the gas station and the number did not change before I added a couple pounds. Even after driving 20 miles it never went over 35. Not to worry.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Correct. It helps to make the distinction that the TPMS is more of a rolling monitor and isn't necessarily a substitute for a gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.