Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Most auto insurance policies have glass replacement available at least as an option. I pay for that for our Subarus that have Eyesight...it wasn't all that expensive.
My windshield is covered under comprehensive if replaced I pay the deductible (if simply a crack). If accident then those rules apply.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Most auto insurance policies have glass replacement available at least as an option. I pay for that for our Subarus that have Eyesight...it wasn't all that expensive.
My windshield is covered under comprehensive if replaced I pay the deductible (if simply a crack). If accident then those rules apply.

Great information from Tire Rack. With 7.5k I suspect I will have to replace all four. Will have to see what the dealer says or offers. I suspect it will be on me with maybe a little discount/help.
my local dealer is having a 25% off service sale so my new tires are priced under that sale. They get their tires through tire rack so I get free rotations, balancing, air checks of course and included road hazard. They beat Discount Tire's pricing (which is where I have purchased my tires for all my vehicles for decades).

·
Registered
464 Posts
who is Most For Texas ?
i use to have Esurance, LIberty , Allstate, ... and non offer "glass replacement" ...
it is under comprehensive deductible ...

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,846 Posts
The add I mentioned gives a zero deductible option for glass. Some policies don't cover glass under comprehensive, too. Insurance is one of those things that's state specific and very variable...we all have to actually read the coverage to know the details and react accordingly.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The add I mentioned gives a zero deductible option for glass. Some policies don't cover glass under comprehensive, too. Insurance is one of those things that's state specific and very variable...we all have to actually read the coverage to know the details and react accordingly.
so how it is most ?
so you happen to be in the state with option of zero deductible option for glass of separate glass coverage .. guess you don't get big hail storm 10-20 times a year .. a lot of insurances here do not offer zero deductible at all ...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
so you happen to be in the state with option of zero deductible option for glass of separate glass coverage .. guess you don't get big hail storm 10-20 times a year .. a lot of insurances here do not offer zero deductible at all ...
Yes, as I previously mentioned, coverage availability is state specific because the state is who regulates insurance and yes, we also rarely get any hail at all here in southeastern PA.

·
Registered
154 Posts
so how it is most ?
Unless the Florida regs have changed, if you get comprehensive, you get windshield replacement. I'll have to look at my policy now. Haven't checked in ages.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Unless the Florida regs have changed, if you get comprehensive, you get windshield replacement. I'll have to look at my policy now. Haven't checked in ages.
"Customers who have Comprehensive Coverage in the state of Florida are not liable to pay any deductible amount in order to pay for services to repair damages to their vehicle’s windshield. "

"
Are windshield replacements free?

The explanation below states in a very easy manner what Florida auto insurance covers in regards to auto glass repairs and replacements:

Need Windshield + Have Comprehensive Coverage = Free Windshield!

Need Side or Back Glass + Have Comprehensive Coverage = Only Pay Deductible

Need Any Type of Auto Glass + No Comprehensive Coverage = Pay Entire Bill"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Follow-up on my sidewall bubble/belt failure. I looked at the tire blow out thread and noted that someone who experienced the same problem had called Falken and Falken offered to comp the tire. I followed suit and Falken instructed me to give the phone number to the dealership. My remaining tread was good enough to allow replacing the single tire. The dealership was great enough to call Falken and were instructed to hold the tire and Falken would ship it to Tire Rack for pathologic exam/post-mortem. Once the tire was received they would reimburse the dealer at dealer cost. Initially the dealer was going to charge me and then reimburse after they were made whole (which would have been fine) but came to an agreement with Falken and did not charge me directly for the tire.
Out the door with a new tire for 31 dollars. Took a little work and a VERY understanding and proactive dealer (Moon Township/Day Apollo Subaru in PA) but I am very pleased with both Falken and Subaru!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a blowout on my passenger rear tire (Falken, 20" rims, ~7,200 miles) when driving down I35 towards Austin. Got off the road with no issues and we called AAA who towed us to nearest Subaru dealer (this was on a Saturday afternoon, in the middle of the pandemic). Dealer replaced the tire for free and said there was a "slice" in the sidewall.

When I drove off the blind spot detector quit working and kept doing that for next two days. Took it back to dealer and they replaced the unit on the passenger side. All good, now, but that's the first blowout I've had in more than 30 years...

·
Registered
20 Posts
We lived in SA for 12+ years so I know that road very well! I’ve never had a blow out thankfully. I’ll be more compulsive about checking my tires!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another Falken sidewall failure. 18k on the tires. Amazingly it is still holding air. Still have 5mm tread on all 4. Did not hit anything that would have caused this. I had thought the sidewall failures were on 20" tires mostly, but these are the 18". Will be replacing all 4 with Michelins. This is my wife's car. I can't trust a Falken to keep my wife and kids safe.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
dh' you can get that kind of failure with any brand and any model...as many of us have. That said, a new set of Michelins would be me choice for next tires, too...specifically the Defender LTX which was the best tire I've ever run on a vehicle.

Reactions: dheyvis

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
216 Posts
With the chunk of tread taken out of the shoulder area, and the oblong witness mark on the sidewall that corresponds to the shoulder damage, it appears to me to the be result of a road hazard. I'm not sure what else would cause that very localized chunk of rubber to have ejected from the tire. It doesn't look like a belt separation or tread delamination (which would affect more of the tire). I'm glad the tire held together to get you home!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it is actually the radial belt joint was defective along with a blister that caused the shoulder to lose the chunk. It probably isn't clear in the picture, but the rubber in the shoulder where it chunked out is not vulcanized, suggesting a blister defect was present in manufacturing. I am amazed and thankful it got us home also!

·
Super Moderator
7,107 Posts
I think it is actually the radial belt joint was defective along with a blister that caused the shoulder to lose the chunk. It probably isn't clear in the picture, but the rubber in the shoulder where it chunked out is not vulcanized, suggesting a blister defect was present in manufacturing. I am amazed and thankful it got us home also!
There's an impact mark on the rim that seems to align with it, slightly off due to the rotational aspect of an impact while in motion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same marks on my rim close to where the sidewall bubble was - as well as on other tires. I initially thought that I would have trouble with tire replacement because of the potential of this being seen as indication of contact with a road hazard. I was very pleased when I was able to rub the substance off with my finger. I assume it was a residual of the protective plastic they cover the cars with.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
216 Posts
I assume it was a residual of the protective plastic they cover the cars with.
Subaru uses some seriously tenacious sticky stuff for that plastic covering!! I've yet to get all of it off ours. I "chip" some off with my finger nail each time I wash the car, but have pretty much given up on success for now. When I rotate the tires at 5k miles, along with its first oil change, I'll get the Goof Off out and go to town on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just put 300 miles on the new tires. Love them so far. Very quiet! Handle well. Not worried about a weak casing failure. The tread is gnarly. Can't wait to see how they do in a downpour.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts