Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ascent recently had a flat tire because of the nail and I had to replace the tire. They couldn't fix it because the nail went through an angle. I got the Limited so each tire costs me around $250 :crying:
So, thinking to purchase the road hazard warranty for Tire and wheel.

My local dealer offered which was backed by them for around $800 for 5yrs/150k miles.
I was wondering if Subaru can offer any Tire and Wheel warranty like the Gold plus plan?
Did anyone bought these kind of warranty? If so, how much and what it covers?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would be weary of a tire warranty on the stock 20"s. The tires have a low tread wear rating that basically means they are only good for about 36K miles. If the local dealer was replacing tires every 36K and you get 3-4 sets, then sure, go for it.

Me, I thought the stock tires were junk and they are no longer on the vehicle. If you or anyone is need of a replacement send me a PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Ascent recently had a flat tire because of the nail and I had to replace the tire. They couldn't fix it because the nail went through an angle. I got the Limited so each tire costs me around $250 :crying:

My local dealer offered which was backed by them for around $800 for 5yrs/150k miles.
I was wondering if Subaru can offer any Tire and Wheel warranty like the Gold plus plan?

Thanks in advance
I am going through the exact same thing today. 15K miles, nail in tire. Unrepairable of course. Now need 4 new tires. I could buy 1new tire and have it shaved down to match but am just going to upgrade all 4 since the tread wear is already at 5/6. Shopping for new tires. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am going through the exact same thing today. 15K miles, nail in tire. Unrepairable of course. Now need 4 new tires. I could buy 1new tire and have it shaved down to match but am just going to upgrade all 4 since the tread wear is already at 5/6. Shopping for new tires. Any recommendations?
I would not get a warranty from the dealer. My plan is to use Discount Tire and warranty the tires for $20/each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be weary of a tire warranty on the stock 20"s. The tires have a low tread wear rating that basically means they are only good for about 36K miles. If the local dealer was replacing tires every 36K and you get 3-4 sets, then sure, go for it.

Me, I thought the stock tires were junk and they are no longer on the vehicle. If you or anyone is need of a replacement send me a PM.
I am looking to replace my stock tires. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
559 Posts
From what I recall Tire Rack offers a road hazard warranty. It might be included for free when you buy your tires from them.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts
Many tire retailers/installers offer road hazard for a reasonable cost. I use Costco for tires. (Discount Tire is not in my area, but I have purchased road hazard from them in the past when I ordered online) The small per-tire installation charge includes road hazard, lifetime rotation and balancing, etc.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

Thanks in advance
I have three 20" tired. I purchased discount tire road hazard at about $100. They prorate and you can replace eith any other tire.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I am looking to replace my stock tires. Any recommendations?
Go to tires.com
Input your vehicle.
Select tires.
Select TreadWell. This is a guide that will help you get the best tire for your driving location, conditions and priorities. For example on my 18" wheels it recommended the Yokohama Geolanders.

Personally, I'm getting the Nitto Terra Grappler 255/60R18 Tires when I replace mine!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go to tires.com
Input your vehicle.
Select tires.
Select TreadWell. This is a guide that will help you get the best tire for your driving location, conditions and priorities. For example on my 18" wheels it recommended the Yokohama Geolanders.

Personally, I'm getting the Nitto Terra Grappler 255/60R18 Tires when I replace mine!
Discount tire says that the 266/60R18 does not fit. Did you put those on stock wheels and stock ride height or did you lift it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah sorry.... typo, I have 255/55R18s on my car now! Just checked the sidewall to be sure.

Reactions: djrussell
1 - 12 of 12 Posts