Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A satisfied Ascent owner here (2019 Limited since April 2019 with 14,200 miles). Thought it might be useful to others to post some of the many things I’ve learned from ascentforums.

I’m sure I’ve forgot some of the tips I've gathered, but I wanted to thank all of the many contributors to ascentforums for making this such a great source of information for current and potential Ascent owners!

Here are some of the tips and tricks I’ve learned:
  • Added air to the spare tire to bring it up to recommended pressure (thanks to Robert Mauro for video on removing spare tire);
  • Ordered a HatchCatch (Etsy) to lessen battery drain when leaving the powered rear lift-gate open;
  • Installed AscentScreen to protect the AC compressor (Steve at VoltShop);
  • Installed screen to protect the turbo intercooler (Steve at VoltShop);
  • Upgraded the front console cupholder with the 2021 Subaru cupholder insert; (Thanks to Robert Mauro for installation video);
  • Installed interior cabin LED bulbs (cost of $21 versus over $100 for factory installed LED bulbs); (Thanks again to Robert Mauro for installation video.)
  • Ordered and installed 2nd row bench seatback protector; that fits 2019 and 2020 Ascents — this item was not available when we purchased our Ascent.
  • Installed a JessicaAlba fuse box coin container (Amazon);
  • Became aware of factory service bulletin and had my dealer correct hood shake that occurred at highway speeds;
  • Installed WeatherTech all-weather floor mats;. There are other good all-weather mats, but not many will fit all three rows for 8-passenger Ascents;
  • Became aware early of the recalls regarding the CVT transmission wiring harness and the ECU;
In addition to the above benefits, I have found many helpful hints regarding Eyesight, using Adaptive Cruise Control, comparisons of Ascent to its competitors, etc. Also there is a wealth of information for Ascent owners who go off-roading or tow a trailer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you were making things up.... sure enough, this is an actual thing! A pretty useful looking thing, too!
Yes, for less than $10 I purchased and installed this neat little device that gives a small relatively hidden space for storing coins or other small objects. It replaces the cover for the fuse box compartment under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. If you want to want to add the JessicaAlba coin box container, you need to know that the original fuse box cover contains a label listing the fuse numbers for your Ascent. I used a hair dryer to warm and remove this label and transferred it to the JessicaAlba coin box, thus preserving the fuse number locations.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited, white/black
8 Posts
Thanks for the list, now I’ll need another long weekend to search for all those threads! 😜

·
Registered
135 Posts
LoL, Dark Angel, Fantastic Four. She's associated with a company that sells things like cargo nets and such with her name and a food and beauty product company called."Honest" something.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
#1 thing I learned here was how the dealer can disable auto brights while still leaving normal auto headlights enabled. Worth the price of admission to this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts