Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m excited got our Limited a week ago. Had the front windows tinted in ceramic at 20% to match the rest (Tint guy meter said 21.6%). Had XPEL Ultimate installed on front of the Suby! (Full hood, grill, front bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirror caps, door caps and a strip along the top of the rear bumper.) And I put on a ceramic coating from blackfire pro detailers. I went over it with a pro primer polish to get rid of any little swrils on the paint. Sprayed a paint prep after to get rid of finger prints, oils and dirt so the
ceramic could go on smoothly after. Took me 12hrs to do it and it looks great!! Also ceramiced the plastic trim pieces on th exterior and rims.

If you live in the Portland/Vancouver area and are thinking of XPEL go to roadrunner graphics and film. Dave Ball is awesome at what he does. No factory cuts of film he does everything by hand and wraps all edges and its looks like nothing is on your vehicle!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I ask how much you paid for the XPEL Ultimate?
Also, if you see a tinted-out, black Ascent in Portland/Vancouver, that's me!!
Awesome! the XPEL was about $1800. And it was worth every penny! This guy is great and he did my car in 1 day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mind sharing what you paid for your front window tinting? I’m in the Seattle Tacoma area, so would need to find someone reputable up here. Yours looks great!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mind sharing what you paid for your front window tinting? I’m in the Seattle Tacoma area, so would need to find someone reputable up here. Yours looks great!
To do the front 2 windows it was $200 for ceramic. It was from Global window films. The guy who put the XPEL on has a partnership with him. I’ve been really happy with it, plus comes with a lifetime warranty weather it’s product related or if I ding it up for whatever reason.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.