Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You were all so helpful, and the beach weekend is upon us! I've got the recovery boards (thank you Costco for having something similar to a MaxTrax for way cheaper), snatch rope, hitch and shackles, fold-able shovel (again, yay Costco), and I'm all ready to air down to about 20-25 psi (I have the 20" wheels) with a small compressor to air back up. I'll add a small flat sheet of plywood in case I ever need to use the jack. Oh, I have a bucket, too, for water if needed.

We are going to Ocean City State Park in Washington, and the last thing I have to do is look around and get a reliable beach tow place stored in my phone (just in case, I'm paranoid after a bad 2WD, very heavy GMC Sierra 2500HD getting stuck in the sand which still gives me nightmares. I was NOT the driver lol).

I'm nervous as heck, but this is a thing I need to conquer! Will be sure and post pictures once I'm back.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You were all so helpful, and the beach weekend is upon us! I've got the recovery boards (thank you Costco for having something similar to a MaxTrax for way cheaper), snatch rope, hitch and shackles, fold-able shovel (again, yay Costco), and I'm all ready to air down to about 20-25 psi (I have the 20" wheels) with a small compressor to air back up. I'll add a small flat sheet of plywood in case I ever need to use the jack. Oh, I have a bucket, too, for water if needed.

We are going to Ocean City State Park in Washington, and the last thing I have to do is look around and get a reliable beach tow place stored in my phone (just in case, I'm paranoid after a bad 2WD, very heavy GMC Sierra 2500HD getting stuck in the sand which still gives me nightmares. I was NOT the driver lol).

I'm nervous as heck, but this is a thing I need to conquer! Will be sure and post pictures once I'm back.
forget the plywood use one of these. There are different brands out there for you to choose with slightly different features but they work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can't get the air jack in time, or just don't want to, you still want to ditch the plywood. Get a piece of about 1" think board, about 12" on a side. I got lucky at my Home Depot, they had a warped 1x12 and 4' were useable. They even cut it into 4 pieces for me, they were about a buck each. I have had to use it and it worked really well. The Cape Cod National Seashore requires a board of this size for beach permits, that's why I had it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

beach driving

beadlock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.