Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, looking to pick up the Thule Crossbar Aero Extended, but can't find how wide they are anywhere. Does anyone know this? I'm hoping to get 2 bike racks and a thule cargo box up top and not sure if this will work or not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Box pictured is about 34” wide. The bike trays have 38” of free space between.
Thanks for this. I really want the XXL box from Thule or the skybox21, but they are 35.5 - 36" wide. This would only leave 1" on either side before the bike rack. Might need to rethink and just get the next size down cargo box.

Family of 6, so trying to have 4 bikes on the hitch, 2 on the roof, and then enough storage space in the cargo box for everyone!

·
Registered
60 Posts
This will depend on the bike trays then. With my old Thule trays I was maxed out but with the one up trays I could easily open up the middle to 42 inches. Bike loading is a bit easier if I keep them narrow. Either way I keep a folding 16” step in the back.

I think you can still do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got Onyx this week and want to repurpose RR XTRAY Large basket I already own
on her.
Because of it's size, should I consider 3 bars for support? Honestly have no clue what I'm going to eventually have up there but rather safe than SORRY. Looking at RR Vortex StealthBars
Peripheral Auto part Gadget Composite material Fashion accessory

Rectangle Gas Auto part Pet supply Automotive exterior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts