Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering those who have the thule canyon xt with the oem cross bars, can you still clear the clearance for parking garages? I believe most garages have at least a minimal 7 feet clearance. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
We have the Yakima MegaWarrior which I believe is a bit taller than the Thule and the top of the Yakima basket on our Ascent is right about 79". The measurement to the top of the full-size spare laying flat in the basket is right about 84" or 7'. The garage at the airport nearest us is 7'1" I believe. Too close for my comfort to try it with the tire, but I've done it with just the basket. We have the OEM Subaru (Thule) Aero bars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the Yakima MegaWarrior which I believe is a bit taller than the Thule and the top of the Yakima basket on our Ascent is right about 79". The measurement to the top of the full-size spare laying flat in the basket is right about 84" or 7'. The garage at the airport nearest us is 7'1" I believe. Too close for my comfort to try it with the tire, but I've done it with just the basket. We have the OEM Subaru (Thule) Aero bars.
Thank you! That information really helped me out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts