Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this thread on the Outback forum about calibrating the throttle pedal. It's supposed to work on any drive-by-wire Subaru. Has anyone tried this on their Ascent? I'm wondering if it will make any difference on the low speed throttle cut off. I plan to try it at some point this week.

Added a screen shot for anyone who can't see the attachment there.

Font Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'd guess that the pedal was perfectly calibrated to begin with.

If you have the multi-function display above the radio, then you can check to see how/if your pedal is calibrated. Set one of the screen favorites to show "% Accel" and put the ignition in position 2 without the engine running. From there you can monitor how the pedal behaves. If there is a nice range from 0-100% then it's probably as calibrated as it can get. I think the amount you press the pedal , i.e. "% Accel", merely is a suggestion to the downstream computers (ECM & TCM?). The only other input we can make is with the paddle shifters.

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
tried today, didn’t feel any improvement, low speed hesitation still exists, around 15-25mph range the car seems can’t find its ratio
I find that toe and ball of the foot on the bottom third of the pedal make every Ascent I've ever tested, drive without hesitation at any speed. The pedal motion is that of a swing hinge.

Top pf the pedal has limited motion (red arc) vs bottom (green arc). Foot should not cover pedal, as that provides a tiny zone of movement to try to create a controlled acceleration.

If THAT doesn't help, I'd see if there's an ECU update available for yours.
Parallel Font Rectangle Diagram Slope

Photograph Product Organism Font Art

·
Registered
63 Posts
I find that toe and ball of the foot on the bottom third of the pedal make every Ascent I've ever tested, drive without hesitation at any speed. The pedal motion is that of a swing hinge.

Top pf the pedal has limited motion (red arc) vs bottom (green arc). Foot should not cover pedal, as that provides a tiny zone of movement to try to create a controlled acceleration.

If THAT doesn't help, I'd see if there's an ECU update available for yours.
View attachment 18355

View attachment 18356
None of those pictures of the foot position make the car go anywhere. The pedal must be depressed for acceleration to occur! :p

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
None of those pictures of the foot position make the car go anywhere. The pedal must be depressed for acceleration to occur! :p
I drive down hill a lot. No pressing the gas pedal necessary - and, it helps save gas. :ROFLMAO:
Tire Plant Vehicle Car Wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts