Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, my kids checked out the 3rd row for the first time. My daughter was like, "uh Dad, I think something is broken". When we got to our destination, I went to see what she was looking at, and sure enough, the front seatbelt clip on the driver side was broken. It was all bent up and would no longer hold the seatbelt in place.

THen I looked around the 3rd row, and 3 of the 4 of them had problems! One came out of the sidewall (it was wrapped around the seatbelt, but out of the wall), and the 3rd was snapped off completely.

This was the first time my kids were back there, so I'm pretty confident that they didn't cause any of these problem.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with their clips?

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I saw it on the 3rd row floor one day and at that time, I didn't know what it was. I popped it back in but yeah, it didn't gave a feeling of longevity seeing that happen.

I actually had a trim piece that cover the 3rd row bottom that it wouldn't go back (broken tab) so the dealership had to order me a replacement cover.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I finally have something to discuss with my sales guy when he calls this week!

·
Administrator
12,151 Posts
Those clips are to stow the seat belts out of the way when using the 3rd or 2nd row for cargo, and aren't designed for daily use.

A passenger accidentally ripped one of mine out and lost it. ?

Perhaps suggest to Subaru that they design a clip designed for daily use? I think I might.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premier
48 Posts
As I almost never use the third row, the seat belts are always stowed in the clips. When my father in law made me the favor of breaking one, the next morning on my way to work I made a quick pit stop at the dealership and bought a new one. I think it costed four of five bucks.
now every time I pull the third row, I also release the belt from the clip to avoid accidents like that.
so far so good

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those clips are to stow the seat belts out of the way when using the 3rd or 2nd row for cargo, and aren't designed for daily use.

A passenger accidentally ripped one of mine out and lost it. ?

Perhaps suggest to Subaru that they design a clip designed for daily use? I think I might.
Any idea what Subaru calls this clip? I've also lost one to someone using the 3rd row for the first time. Mainly for me, it keeps the belt out of the way when I pull the cargo cover rearward. I've spent an hour or so looking at online parts lists & diagrams and can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,505 Posts
So last night, my kids checked out the 3rd row for the first time. My daughter was like, "uh Dad, I think something is broken". When we got to our destination, I went to see what she was looking at, and sure enough, the front seatbelt clip on the driver side was broken. It was all bent up and would no longer hold the seatbelt in place.

THen I looked around the 3rd row, and 3 of the 4 of them had problems! One came out of the sidewall (it was wrapped around the seatbelt, but out of the wall), and the 3rd was snapped off completely.

This was the first time my kids were back there, so I'm pretty confident that they didn't cause any of these problem.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with their clips?
Now you have me curious. I have not been in the third row since I typically have the seats down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any idea what Subaru calls this clip? I've also lost one to someone using the 3rd row for the first time. Mainly for me, it keeps the belt out of the way when I pull the cargo cover rearward. I've spent an hour or so looking at online parts lists & diagrams and can't find it anywhere.
Never got any response on this. So I finally stopped by a Subaru dealer. The parts counter guy was about to give up when another one happened by who knew what I was looking for.
No wonder this part is so hard to find. Not found under "seat belt retainer clip" or any single one of those words. What's it called in the parts catalog?
"Holder Webbing"
Soooo informative.
Part number: 64728FG010JC
I bought 2 of them online when the dealer didn't have them. I have one to spare for the next time I fail to give the seat belt training course to those newbies using my 3rd row.
List is $5.55 I think. I paid ~$17 with shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
First time in the back row, one of my kid's friends pulled the seatbelt and the clip popped out never to be seen again. Somehow my dealership had it in stock and was able to sell me a replacement. Seems like it's bound to happen the way it was designed.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
Part number: 64728FG010JC
I bought 2 of them online when the dealer didn't have them. I have one to spare for the next time I fail to give the seat belt training course to those newbies using my 3rd row.
+1, buy 2 (at least) Thanks for the part number. I broke one the first time I took the belt out because I didn't know how they worked. I'll remember for when someone else needs to use the area, but I bought a couple for spare, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.