Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a 19 or 20 Touring, and I'm wondering if the third row seats are power folding or manual? Also, does the front passenger seat of adjustable lumbar support? If not, can anyone speak to the comfort of the seats? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Manual on all of the rear seats. I cant answer the passenger seat part, but on my premium cloth seat its not adjustable but is very comfortable. Comfort can be very subjective though so a test drive would be a good idea

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
Manual folding but super easy in both directions;

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,171 Posts
I'm considering getting a 19 or 20 Touring, and I'm wondering if the third row seats are power folding or manual? Also, does the front passenger seat of adjustable lumbar support? If not, can anyone speak to the comfort of the seats? Thanks.
The touring passenger seat is only power for fore-aft and seat back angle. No lumber adjustment at all. Technically it doesn't have height adjustment either unless you count that the track is angled so the seat raises as it's moved forward and down as it's moved back. Just like the manual seats in rental cars. For a fully adjustable passenger seat, you'll need to get an Outback Touring.

After only 20 miles in the passenger seat of the Ascent, my wife declared that the seat was too hard.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,256 Posts
The leather is pretty firm when new, but it does break in. The Nappa leather on an Outback is softer to the touch, and softer to the butt. But we preferred the firmer seats in the Ascent for back and lumbar support.

Seat comfort is, in my humble opinion, no different than mattress comfort. We have a Sleep Number bed and my wife sleeps on 25 and I sleep on 70. We both like the seats in the Ascent. Go figure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.