Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My base model Ascent did not come with third row lights, instead I have plastic shields where the lights go. Does anybody know the part # for the lights? And are they plug & play? What I mean is, are there electrical connections behind those plastic shields? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Were the lights an option you could have added to the build of your basic model? If so, then I would think that wiring exists and the part is orderable as a kit of some sort. Maybe start checking to see if 3rd row light kits are a thing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My base model Ascent did not come with third row lights, instead I have plastic shields where the lights go. Does anybody know the part # for the lights? And are they plug & play? What I mean is, are there electrical connections behind those plastic shields? Any help appreciated.
I think the 2nd and 3rd row lights are identical. Pull off one of the plastic shields off and look for wiring. If there is a plug, then remove one from the 2nd row and install it in the third row to test. If it works, order 2 more light fixtures.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Does anybody know the part # for the lights? And are they plug & play?
I believe these are the parts. You might want to cross reference with your existing 2nd row fixtures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the 2nd and 3rd row lights are identical. Pull off one of the plastic shields off and look for wiring. If there is a plug, then remove one from the 2nd row and install it in the third row to test. If it works, order 2 more light fixtures.
That is brilliant, thank you! Will give it a shot and will post the outcome here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe these are the parts. You might want to cross reference with your existing 2nd row fixtures.
Will do, maybe double check with dealership too. Thank you! Appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were the lights an option you could have added to the build of your basic model? If so, then I would think that wiring exists and the part is orderable as a kit of some sort. Maybe start checking to see if 3rd row light kits are a thing.
Thank you for the quick response. The dealership never mentioned anything about not having 3rd row lights, I never noticed until about a month into ownership.
I’m gonna try what @rockthebeef suggested and see where that takes me.
Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts