Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought the 2019 ascent in December and love it except the fact that I can't find anything that fits behind the third row.

We bought the roof box and the hitch rack, for additional storage space.

Is there a Cooler that will fit behind the third row?

Love everything else about the car.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
We bought the 2019 ascent in December and love it except the fact that I can't find anything that fits behind the third row.

We bought the roof box and the hitch rack, for additional storage space.

Is there a Cooler that will fit behind the third row?

Love everything else about the car.
are you looking for an insulated cooler or simply a storage container? Are you looking to have it lay across or front to back? Are you looking to keep it below headrest height or is higher okay.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Yeti has a number of soft coolers that fit (though, they're a little pricey). There are also thin coolers you can find on Amazon by searching for that term (you will find a mix of ones that are narrow, and ones that aren't).

For storage, I use this 68qt Plano tote. It leaves room left/right of it:

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
I’ve got a fairly small wheeled cooler (not sure about the size since I’m at work) that fits behind the 3rd row as long as the seats are mostly upright as it’s centered. It was enough for food for my wife and I over a weekend camping trip. It does fit behind the 3rd row but since we needed a tent and other supplies we ended up folding down it down since it was just the two of us.
Are you trying to pack enough for 5+ people so that you’ll need the 3rd row up?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would've loved more rear cargo room also. The Ascent has more than most other competitors in the class though. I put a large cooler in the popup camper so as to keep the weight off the rear axle. The camper still has plenty of capacity.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My wife likes to have a cooler on the floor in the second row for short to medium day trips. We haven’t done measuring yet but are looking at this pelican cooler. It might work for the space behind the third row seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve got a fairly small wheeled cooler (not sure about the size since I’m at work) that fits behind the 3rd row as long as the seats are mostly upright as it’s centered. It was enough for food for my wife and I over a weekend camping trip. It does fit behind the 3rd row but since we needed a tent and other supplies we ended up folding down it down since it was just the two of us.
Are you trying to pack enough for 5+ people so that you’ll need the 3rd row up?
We have 5+ people, we will need the third row. What cooler are you using? We bought hitch rack and roof boxes so have a couple options for lighter things

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you looking for an insulated cooler or simply a storage container? Are you looking to have it lay across or front to back? Are you looking to keep it below headrest height or is higher okay.
I am open to either but prefer one that fits I the back? Don’t care about height as long as it closes.
If there is one across the middle I’d consider that as well

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
I have an Igloo 28qt rolling cooler that just fits in the cargo area with the 3rd row all the way back. It is a bit too thick to fit dead center on the floor of the second row with my drivers seat in its normal position, but will fit off center without using much of the second row passenger foot area. It is well insulated and has made many trips across the U.S. over the years.

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
We have 5+ people, we will need the third row. What cooler are you using? We bought hitch rack and roof boxes so have a couple options for lighter things
This is the cooler we use. Good for 6 person day trips to the beach and 2 people for a weekend camping. Probably could go a bit bigger even
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Compact mpv
Label

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Forgive the mess, but I am going from work to another adventure, and the car is a mess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts