Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy 2021 subaru ascent but consumer reports gave it a bad reliability rating because of the 2019 model have there been any issues with the 2021 model

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
620 Posts
2021 so far is in the clear. Consumer Reports has very wrong ratings because of the 2019 (limited) issues. 2020 has been rock solid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I‘ll have a new 2021 Limited model next week and plan to use it to tow a small light weight travel trailer. The spec sheet says the Limited is rated for 5,000 lbs and includes ”Trailer Stability Assist.” Can someone interpret this for me? What does that include... or not include that I will need?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
I‘ll have a new 2021 Limited model next week and plan to use it to tow a small light weight travel trailer. The spec sheet says the Limited is rated for 5,000 lbs and includes ”Trailer Stability Assist.” Can someone interpret this for me? What does that include... or not include that I will need?
You'll find all the answers you're seeking in the Towing forum. All you will need it the OEM trailer hitch (it's an accessory and not standard), a brake controller, a ball mount (and ball), and of course a travel trailer that meets the Ascent's requirements. In addition to the 5,000 pound tow/500 pound tongue weight limits, you'll find that you probably won't want a big flat front trailer.

I tow this, which is virtually perfect for the Ascent - and not made any more.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Youtube ascent stability and you will see how it handles when the suv is swayed side to side etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased a 2020 in March and I am at 12k mi now. Took a 4500 mi road trip this summer. Not a single concern, besides 2 door dings noticed in first light next morning after picking up the vehicle the previous night - was promptly repaired by the dealership.

Maintenance costs have been 3 oil changes. 1 where purchased and 2 at a more convenient/less busy Subaru dealership. 12k mi oil change and 12k mi inspection/discussion next week.

Also had a 2" LP lift installed at 64 mi and downsized stock wheels to 245/60/r18 A/T tire & 235/65 Blizzaks for snow season. No evident ride or drive train effects from lifting as I have read may occur - well, besides getting over larger national forest road rock outcroppings and blasting onto NFS roads through snowplow buildup on the side of the main roads.

I recommend Subaru Ascents.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring; 2002 Outback Limited (sedan) - Previous: 2006 Tribeca, 2011 Outback
7 Posts
Looking to buy 2021 subaru ascent but consumer reports gave it a bad reliability rating because of the 2019 model have there been any issues with the 2021 model
Purchased 2019 touring in Sept of 2018. Nothing but blue skies. CR isn’t always accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts