Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
If only I was smarter and pre-ordered early. My late May order is still slated for Aug.

Congrats to all of you who will be getting your new cars soon!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The new ETA for the 7/20 group has been adjusted to 6/26! So chances are if your ETA was 7/20 you may want to start getting things ready for your car to arrive at the end of this month :)
All I ever got from SOA was an "Estimated Arrival: Month of August-2018" so who knows.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The new ETA for the 7/20 group has been adjusted to 6/26! So chances are if your ETA was 7/20 you may want to start getting things ready for your car to arrive at the end of this month :)
Would SNE orders be included in this as well?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I assume they would, but SNE is so weird that I don't want to promise anything. Try to contract your dealer to find out for sure.
Hopefully they are. LOL this SNE thing is getting on my nerves.

Thanks for the updates as always :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm hoping that this may also mean that my expected August delivery date will actually be in July! My wife and I will have our baby within the next few weeks, so July would be so nice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm hoping that this may also mean that my expected August delivery date will actually be in July! My wife and I will have our baby within the next few weeks, so July would be so nice.
Heh, we're in the same boat basically. Have a 3 yr old and a 6 week old. Need some space! Hoping our date gets moved up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine was 7/16 as of last week... wonder if that means I was in the 7/20 group or it's actually 7/16.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine was 7/16 as of last week... wonder if that means I was in the 7/20 group or it's actually 7/16.
I had 6/19, 6/27, 7/02 and 7/03 all pushed back to the 7/20 date at different times. So far the only ones moved to shipped rail status are a few of the first 6/19s that received a new 6/26 eta. Everything else is still showing the 7/20 eta although I think that will change in the next few days.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just had to read the thread again to make sure it was real. Mine doesn’t have a VIN yet I don’t think (emailed dealer again right after reading this) but it is a July estimated delivery so it can’t be TOO far behind. Eeeeekkkkkk!!!!! Build, accessorize and ship like the wind, laddies!!!!! (But with diligence, attention to detail and precision LOL):grin:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had 6/19, 6/27, 7/02 and 7/03 all pushed back to the 7/20 date at different times. So far the only ones moved to shipped rail status are a few of the first 6/19s that received a new 6/26 eta. Everything else is still showing the 7/20 eta although I think that will change in the next few days.
I think the last 6 numbers of the VIN number are the production numbers....Would listing the last six numbers of the cars above(or any car shipped) give a clue to the rest of us as to when our car is shipped or likely to be shipped out?
Or will the sequential production numbers , like the VON numbers previously , not tell us anything, mean nothing?
Is the ship date something our dealer, or SOA for those with non-communicative dealers, will tell us/should tell us?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jason or Carl-How does the dealer receipt of the vehicle invoice usually correlate to the shipping date/ETA?
There isn't much of a correlation between the two unfortunately.

VON and VIN don't mean much for production dates at this point. They are just pushing whatever they want out to us.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think the last 6 numbers of the VIN number are the production numbers....Would listing the last six numbers of the cars above(or any car shipped) give a clue to the rest of us as to when our car is shipped or likely to be shipped out?
Or will the sequential production numbers , like the VON numbers previously , not tell us anything, mean nothing?
Is the ship date something our dealer, or SOA for those with non-communicative dealers, will tell us/should tell us?
Nope, they don't mean anything. Sequential VIN numbers do not mean those cars came down the line one after the other. There's an internal SIA production number that determines that, and no one outside of the plant has access to that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope this is true for the Canadian dealers as well !
Last news from my sales rep: ETA end of July

·
Registered
965 Posts
My dealer called me and said to clean out my car tonight and they'd call me tomorrow. Seems super early but who knows!
The question is - where do you live?

There are dealerships that are close enough to the plant that they are shipped via truck directly from there.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts