Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it might be useful to get a list of problems with the new ascent. At no point should this be considered a bad review of the ascent. Almost every new car has some problems from the start. And most of them are simply user error. I think it might be useful to get a list of problems found and fixes. A lot of searches and threads can be condensed.

Problem Fix
Rear climate controls do not work. Unlock the controls from main console.

Problem Fix
Creaking new brakes

Problem Fix
Door will not open from inside/outside

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not seem to be able to edit

Problem fix
Cabin lights turn on even in the "off" position. Solution:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do not seem to be able to edit

Problem fix
Cabin lights turn on even in the "off" position. Solution:

you can only edit your own post within 60 min of the original posting

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Problem Fix
My rear right door did this (wouldn't open from the outside). Service fixed it in 10 minutes. A clip shifted during the train ride.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Problem Fix
My rear right door did this (wouldn't open from the outside). Service fixed it in 10 minutes. A clip shifted during the train ride.
I hope it would take more than a smooth train ride to shift a clip

Especially for a vehicle designed for light off road duties. What would happen on a dirt road 😬

·
Registered
953 Posts

Especially for a vehicle designed for light off road duties. What would happen on a dirt road 😬
Those train rides these cars take are anything but smooth. Especially with the amount of shock that can be transferred in to the cars. More like picking them up and dropping them from 2' in the air, repeatedly. Could be worse, the construction zone out front almost claimed a loaded car carrier the other day.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Problem:
Speed Limit on the info panel in the center gauge showed crazy high speed limits. Checked the Setting on the Head Unit found an option for "Unit Settings", it showed setting as "Units Synchronized". Switched it to MPH. Fixed the issue.
I see no problem with this; FLOOR IT. Just kidding.

I think we should have a Google Doc for this like the new order one so any one person can track it without having to scroll through pages of forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts

Especially for a vehicle designed for light off road duties. What would happen on a dirt road

lol, there's nothing smooth about riding this country's rail freight lines. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I turn the radio off and then turn the car off, the radio always comes back on when I start the car back up. If I leave the radio off, I want it to stay off when I turn the engine on. I assumed that this was just some stupid setting that I had to find and turn off but according to this forum discussion on subaruoutback.org, it's actually a new "feature" for 2018.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-2019/449433-want-keep-radio-off-vehicle-startup.html

I love the Ascent but this issue is very annoying.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If I turn the radio off and then turn the car off, the radio always comes back on when I start the car back up. If I leave the radio off, I want it to stay off when I turn the engine on. I assumed that this was just some stupid setting that I had to find and turn off but according to this forum discussion on subaruoutback.org, it's actually a new "feature" for 2018.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-2019/449433-want-keep-radio-off-vehicle-startup.html

I love the Ascent but this issue is very annoying.
I noticed this same thing in mine and I think others have complained in the Outback as well. I just make it a habit to turn the volume down as I'm getting out instead of turning the radio off as I did before. Granted I do like the fact it picks right back up on my podcasts as soon as I get in the car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s very annoying and what’s the reasoning for the radio to come on, even though it’s turned off before shutting off the engine. I have a few scratches on my back window.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Been like that since the new Impreza came out. Somebody at Subaru thought it was a cool feature. Even some body at CR liked it!

·
Registered
493 Posts
It’s very annoying and what’s the reasoning for the radio to come on, even though it’s turned off before shutting off the engine. I have a few scratches on my back window.
Yep, I had a scratch in the drivers bottom door sill and scuffs of some sort on the front of both roof racks. Salesman said they'll "try" to get them out... Here's hoping.

Oh and today I just noticed the black vertical panel on the outside of the drivers side back door appears to be coming up, like a clip broke or the adhesive isn't sticking that panel down anymore.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
I noticed this same thing in mine and I think others have complained in the Outback as well. I just make it a habit to turn the volume down as I'm getting out instead of turning the radio off as I did before. Granted I do like the fact it picks right back up on my podcasts as soon as I get in the car!
I've heard rumblings that they're developing a software update for this, at least for the 2018 Outback crowd. Not sure if the OB update will be compatible with an Ascent update, but they appear to be hearing the complaints about this "feature"

What are you doing, turning it to 0-1 and then turning off the car?

1 - 20 of 429 Posts