Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Anyone know more about this recall? I was just in for the TCM reprogramming 2 days ago. This recall about the ECM isn't rated as a safety issue, so I assume it can wait a bit. Or is that a bad idea?

Type: Customer Satisfaction|Service Campaign: WUU06|NHTSA Campaign: N/A
ECU Reprogramming C1424

Open

Incomplete

November 22, 2019
Description
In some vehicles, the current software may cause the sub learning value control to operate improperly during the wake-up mode of the ECM. This could cause repeated erroneous learning of the accelerator position which can result in the disabling of the VDC function. When the VDC function is disabled, EyeSight, Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB), and Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) auto release functions are disabled by the VDC fail signal causing the VDC, EyeSight, RAB and EPB warning lamps to illuminate.

Safety Risk
None

Remedy
Subaru retailers will reprogram the ECM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
VDC is your stability control aka it controls/adjusts the power going to your wheels if it detects one slipping. With it getting colder out and potential for ice to be on the road this will help with your traction/stability. Depending on your weather conditions you might want to make the extra trip to the dealer. If you live in Colorado, might as well take it in when you get a chance. If you live in Florida, ...meh, wait for the next oil change?

Either way this doesn't mean you're going to be spinning off the road 24/7 :LOL: The system is just there to help.

Note: I am NOT a Subaru engineer so take everything I said with a grain of salt :whistle:?

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Mine shows that open recall as well. I’m going to have all open recalls performed whenever I can get it back into a competent service department.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for posting this Raindog.
Your post made me check the website.

WUU06 came up on our VIN today as well. It wasn't posted on the SUBARU website yesterday when I checked to see if our WUV07 showed closed yet. This recall must have been posted in the past 24 hours (at least for my VIN). Glad to see that this one is not safety related and can wait a while.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh FFS, I have one now as well. Many thanks for posting this, hopefully they can do both at the same time.

And before I get scolded, yes I realize the is ALL my fault for buying the first model year. o_0

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Folks, check this link:

The MySubaru app will not update until mailed notifications are sent out.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I got the Trifecta. All three. Going on my next adventure next weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just checked and I have the ECU recall, nothing else. To think I was just at the dealer last night getting my Loves Subaru indoc and nothing was even mentioned about it. Shows just how up to date this forum is. Since this isn't a safety issue and in the month and half that I've had the car I've managed to put over 2400 miles on I guess I'll wait till the first service or till I get notification from Subaru whichever comes first.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Greetings,

Anyone know more about this recall? I was just in for the TCM reprogramming 2 days ago. This recall about the ECM isn't rated as a safety issue, so I assume it can wait a bit. Or is that a bad idea?

Type: Customer Satisfaction|Service Campaign: WUU06|NHTSA Campaign: N/A
ECU Reprogramming C1424

Open

Incomplete

November 22, 2019
Description
In some vehicles, the current software may cause the sub learning value control to operate improperly during the wake-up mode of the ECM. This could cause repeated erroneous learning of the accelerator position which can result in the disabling of the VDC function. When the VDC function is disabled, EyeSight, Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB), and Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) auto release functions are disabled by the VDC fail signal causing the VDC, EyeSight, RAB and EPB warning lamps to illuminate.

Safety Risk
None

Remedy
Subaru retailers will reprogram the ECM.
I just got off the phone with one of my dealers and they mentioned this recall. It does not yet show up on NHTSA website. They said it was released to AutoNation on 12/10/2019. I am going in for the reprogramming for the trans slippage (no symptoms yet) next week and I will add this to the list of things to take care of at that time. In general I would jump on any recall even if it was not safety related (as long as it was not too much of an inconvenience).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.