Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume most have you have already seen it, but just saw the little teaser clip/commercial for the upcoming new Outback version and WOW! Even though I know I won't be buying one (our Ascent being perfect), I can't help but be super excited about it, and I'm already a bit jealous. I wonder if they'll have an Ascent version of this down the road?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would bet they introduce some type of special trim when the mid-cycle refresh hits. That may be this year or next. Who knows, but I would bet we get a Sport, Onyx, Wilderness, or something completely new. It makes sense to offer something in-between Premium and Limited like the other models have done.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Bad news is, no, no such treatment is planned for the Ascent. Having the actual list of changes for the OB, I am VERY excited. I'll be making a post at subaruoutback.org as well as on my Facebook page, with all the details.

But, I do expect some really good things coming up for the Ascent. I'm holding mine for another couple years before trading for another Ascent, even as much as I want some of what's coming on the refreshed Ascents.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
No, I cannot yet share. 😥 At some point, after the Outback announcement, what's next for the Ascent will be made public. I'll be sure to post about it here the moment I'm allowed to. Sometimes, it's really tough... like, right now, I am avoiding the Outback forums so to stay out of the conversations about March 30th. 😕

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, I cannot yet share. 😥 At some point, after the Outback announcement, what's next for the Ascent will be made public. I'll be sure to post about it here the moment I'm allowed to. Sometimes, it's really tough... like, right now, I am avoiding the Outback forums so to stay out of the conversations about March 30th. 😕
In actuality, Rob works for the CIA and cannot divulge TOP SECRET information he has been entrusted with! lol

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
LMAO!!! Sometimes, it feels that way. 🤣

I've been waiting over two years to discuss what's coming on March 30th. I was fortunate to have been picked for a very specific set of surveys that were so ridiculously specific and direct, that I started digging into stuff at Subaru Japan, and started putting the pieces together... and then, as everything was firmed up more recently, I got the legit info. In October, my friends who helped build the two demo cars (one of which is the blue one in the vid, the other, is white) were so excited that they all let me know the day the two rolled off the assembly line in Indiana. So, I've promised my friends in Camden that I won't post anything until 11:31am on March 30th. 😉

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my wife's Outback and was seriously considering this new version until I did a camp packing dry run. Realized after that there wasn't a way to make the Outback work for family camping trips which lead to me getting an Ascent. Maybe if it's as amazing as Robert says I'll give her the Ascent and trade in her Outback :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.