Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I even got a quote from a dealer that wanted a monthly of more than a premium SUV with an MSRP of mid $60,000s!!!

This is insane, even if this vehicle is such a high demand that everyone wants it and dealerships are jacking up the price because of that there is no way to pay that much for a non-premium suv with the price of the premium!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they disclose the money factor?
no, but even if not knowing the money factor it doesn't sound right, because the MSRP of this vehicle is $10,000 less than the two other premium SUVs' MSRP I quoted, and with the same drive off on all 3 vehicles this one came out to be about the same as the other two on the monthly. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
no, but even if not knowing the money factor it doesn't sound right, because the MSRP of this vehicle is $10,000 less than the two other premium SUVs' MSRP I quoted, and with the same drive off on all 3 vehicles this one came out to be about the same as the other two on the monthly. /forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Hmm, may I ask which website you used? I’d like to do a little digging too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, may I ask which website you used? I’d like to do a little digging too.
I usually just go to local car dealer sites to look for the inventory of the particular trim and color I want. Sometimes I also use cars.com to search inventory (because it has color and trim filters)

In the past months, I've gotten lots of quotes, anything from Range Rover Velar to Jaguar F-Pace to Porsche Macan and this vehicle, I am pretty informed of the price ranges that these cars are in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lease rates start in the lower $300 range for 36 months, granted, that is with the best lease scenario for a customer with a decent chunk to put down at signing and the best credit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also noticed this the other day. Priced out a Mercedes SUV and the payments matched what I've been quoted for a lease on the ascent I ordered. $10k difference in price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also noticed this the other day. Priced out a Mercedes SUV and the payments matched what I've been quoted for a lease on the ascent I ordered. $10k difference in price.
For about $129 more per month, and $275 more on down payment could get the X3 M40i with 355HP V6 :grin:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Lease rates start in the lower $300 range for 36 months, granted, that is with the best lease scenario for a customer with a decent chunk to put down at signing and the best credit.
If the "put down at signing" is about $5K and is diminished by the end of 36th month, for whatever reasons, that's $438.89/mo. Ultimately, that's about $15/day to lease or rent the vehicle, which is pretty good.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Have to agree. I've seen people get caught up in the "$99" per month specials on some makes and models, but the fine print is that you're putting $6000 down.

99 * 36 = ~$3600 + $6000 down = 9600.

249 * 36 = ~$9000. Better to do the 249/mo plan in the long run, ya know?

·
Registered
965 Posts
If the "put down at signing" is about $5K and is diminished by the end of 36th month, for whatever reasons, that's $438.89/mo. Ultimately, that's about $15/day to lease or rent the vehicle, which is pretty good.
About $480 per month, $3,700 due at signing. (12,000 miles, 36 month lease, Touring model)

The sweet spot for Subaru is the 36 month lease, the 24 month lease rates are a LOT more per month. (About $620 per month)

Also, I'm looking at the BMW page right now for lease offers. It shows a 2019 BMW X3 M340i for $679 for 36 months with $4,604 due at signing, at 10,000 miles per year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
About $480 per month, $3,700 due at signing. (12,000 miles, 36 month lease, Touring model)

The sweet spot for Subaru is the 36 month lease, the 24 month lease rates are a LOT more per month. (About $620 per month)

Also, I'm looking at the BMW page right now for lease offers. It shows a 2019 BMW X3 M340i for $679 for 36 months with $4,604 due at signing, at 10,000 miles per year.
You mean the V6 M40i?

That's a very bad deal you found. There's no way of paying that much on drive off. The most would be $2k.

I found a deal on a $64500 MSRP M40i, with options loaded,

$779 tax included and $1750 due at signing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have gotten quotes of at least 5 Tourings

The average now is around $650 with $1500 drive off

Highest I got was $840 - the sales definitely wanted to rip off

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Btw, all the pricings above are 36mos on the Ascent, so is the X3 M40i

If the term on Ascent was 24-mo, the payment would be much higher probably in the low 700s.

So it's not worth it to lease the Ascent, because with just under $200 extra on monthly payment and drive off you can move yourself up to lux segment with a MSRP of $20k more.

Unless you are a soccer mom or hauling toddlers and need a 7-8 pax van.

But it also depends which brand you are going for, Range Rover and Porsche are nearly impossible because they are well known for marking up prices.

Buying might be more ideal on the Ascent because the MSRP is around $48000 and usually dealers are willing to take couple grands off.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Using the typical rule of thumb of $30 / $1,000 difference, assuming Tier 1 credit, $480 with $3,700 down equals $540 with $1,700 down. That $1,700 would NOT include TT&L or first months payment - so that's another $2,610 here in Oklahoma, for a total of $4,310 due. So if you're only putting a TOTAL of $1,500 down, then $650 per month sounds about right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Using the typical rule of thumb of $30 / $1,000 difference, assuming Tier 1 credit, $480 with $3,700 down equals $540 with $1,700 down. That $1,700 would NOT include TT&L or first months payment - so that's another $2,610 here in Oklahoma, for a total of $4,310 due. So if you're only putting a TOTAL of $1,500 down, then $650 per month sounds about right.
The $1500 down I mentioned does include everything - tax license fees etc

·
Registered
965 Posts
The $1500 down I mentioned does include everything - tax license fees etc
What sales tax rate are you paying, and what price are you paying for the car? The numbers don't make sense to me on an MSRP $45,670 Ascent. Here in Oklahoma our sales tax rate is 4.5% on a new car - which means on a $46,000 car, you're paying almost $2,100 just for that. You have to be rolling some of the tax into the actual monthly payments.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.