Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I don’t use the correct car terms. I own a 2019 Ascent. The button that you push to open the tailgate doesn’t work. (The button you push from the drivers seat) It’s pushed all the way in—like it’s been jammed in there. How do I get this button unstuck?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,161 Posts
It's likely a defective switch. See your dealer service department to get it replaced under warranty.

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
It's not mechanical, but electronic. That's why it still works.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
Sorry if I don’t use the correct car terms. I own a 2019 Ascent. The button that you push to open the tailgate doesn’t work. (The button you push from the drivers seat) It’s pushed all the way in—like it’s been jammed in there. How do I get this button unstuck?
I've had this happen a couple of times with my AVH button when I pressed it too hard before going through a car wash. The face of the button goes past the back side of the trim surrounding it, gets out of alignment and won't pop back out.

I just use a thin blade to realign the button and it pops back into place.

I now am more careful and just touch it lightly, it doesn't take much of a press to activate it. For me it's not worth a trip to the dealer to get it replaced since I use it so infrequently. The rear hatch button gets used a lot so I would want that fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.