Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I don’t have my Ascent yet I see a need for a thread of just photos as the first owners are picking up their new rides.
Let’s try to keep the comments minimal so we end up with a gallery of new and exciting pics! DSLR, HD, CAMERA PHONE, POTATO, WHATEVER WORKS! GO!

Here is @Tigers196884's pics posted by @trashfo earlier today:
https://imgur.com/a/9NgHw12

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here you go
How easy was the carseat install? Do you have a lot of space next to it for a person to sit in the middle? We will eventually have another child (in a year and a half to 2 years from now) and will have 2 in carseats and are wondering about spacing in the middle with both installed. Can you take a photo of it installed on the bench?

Reactions: lassetjus

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reactions: hallfleming

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here you go
How easy was the carseat install? Do you have a lot of space next to it for a person to sit in the middle? We will eventually have another child (in a year and a half to 2 years from now) and will have 2 in carseats and are wondering about spacing in the middle with both installed. Can you take a photo of it installed on the bench?
The car seat installs nice and easy. The bench seat only has 1 tether Idk how that works. With my car seats you can't get one in the middle. Maybe with different seats you can. With the seats in I can fit in the middle(I'm 5'8" Or so 150lbs). it is tight but I can get my left shoulder behind the car seat. I could last a hour or so probably. Seats won't fold down the seats installed but you can move them forward and get in the back. Hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
The car seat installs nice and easy. The bench seat only has 1 tether Idk how that works. With my car seats you can't get one in the middle. Maybe with different seats you can. With the seats in I can fit in the middle(I'm 5'8" Or so 150lbs). it is tight but I can get my left shoulder behind the car seat. I could last a hour or so probably. Seats won't fold down the seats installed but you can move them forward and get in the back. Hope that helps
These are GREAT photos! Gives me a great look at what we've got in our future and even more excited for us to get it next month! My husband is a little bigger than you, but seems like he'd be able to fit between two car seats in that middle seat as well (which means it won't always have to be me back there lol). The fact that you can get in the very back by just moving the seats forward when you have the convertible car seat installed gives me great hope because I was a little worried about it. Seems like Subaru did a lot of thinking about that. We currently have a Chicco KeyFit 30 but our son will probably be into the NextFit Zip by the time we pick up the Ascent next month (he was born 12/12/17 and is about 15.5lbs, but he's getting heavy for me to carry him).

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nice photos everybody. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference in - On the pre-production models I have seen the top of the dash where the speakers are seems to be a separate piece of plastic running along the entire dash form the soft touch part that is on the lower part. Impreza/crosstrek have one molded piece except right behind the top info hood. Different on production?

Also, on pre-production models the sunglass holder/mirror compartment seems extremely thin and cheap. Has this changed on the production models?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice photos everybody. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference in - On the pre-production models I have seen the top of the dash where the speakers are seems to be a separate piece of plastic running along the entire dash form the soft touch part that is on the lower part. Impreza/crosstrek have one molded piece except right behind the top info hood. Different on production?

Also, on pre-production models the sunglass holder/mirror compartment seems extremely thin and cheap. Has this changed on the production models?
Cabin mirror seems a little cheap but is thick plastic. I can't remember if it's different from the one I saw earlier. Dash seems to be one piece

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone has a Ascent Cinnamon Brown with Bosy Side Molding would appreciate I you could post a couple pictures. Trying to decide if I want to add. Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If anyone has a Ascent Cinnamon Brown with Bosy Side Molding would appreciate I you could post a couple pictures. Trying to decide if I want to add. Thanks.
While I do not have pics the Ascent that I test drove was Cinnamon Brown with the side mouldings and it looked really good. I have side mounding on my current car, ordered them
with my Blue Touring, and I do believe they help with door dings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts