Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru is banking on this year's U.S. introduction of the Ascent large-size crossover to go over big with consumers. The 2019 Subaru Ascent, which just entered production in Indiana, is the brand’s new nameplate that takes the Japanese automaker into a segment where it currently doesn't compete and could expand its customer base.

Subaru’s new Ascent will compete with Japanese rivals like the Toyota Highlander, Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, and American entries like the Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Reference: Torque News.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Subaru is banking on this year's U.S. introduction of the Ascent large-size crossover to go over big with consumers. The 2019 Subaru Ascent, which just entered production in Indiana, is the brand’s new nameplate that takes the Japanese automaker into a segment where it currently doesn't compete and could expand its customer base.

Subaru’s new Ascent will compete with Japanese rivals like the Toyota Highlander, Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, and American entries like the Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Reference: Torque News.
Torque news is the worst car site ever!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well the car market is going, going, gone Ford already pulled the plug and GM is close behind. I think it comes to purchase power and flexibility of the vehicle for the money. I bought my first Subaru Legacy GT largely because it could do far more than a Jetta or Ford Focus. It spent winters hitting Ski Resorts, summers camping and dragging racing sailboats up and down the west coast. It was two cars for the price of one. Fun car to drive and the truckster when I needed a truck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ford is going to have big time problems if gas prices continue to go up, they won’t have a small or mid-size car available to fill the gap.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was thinking the same unless they have full EV models on the planner which case I’m not sure it would matter. If I were buying a “car” today out of the need for solid economical transportation I would only be looking at plugin hybrids or full EV like the Bolt. The Fusion Energie we bought in 2016 has been an amazing car regarding cost to run. I would never go back to a standard ICE car again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts