Subaru Ascent Forum banner

The 2019 Ascent Orders and Waiting Thread

148K views 530 replies 165 participants last post by  tdelker 
#1 ·
As pre-orders open up for the 2019 Ascent, I wanted to start an official thread for people to share their ordering experience and have an open discussion about the process.

Here are the pricing specs, packages available by trim as released late last week and the comparo sheet from Autoblog:

Please add what trim you ordered and any packages and accessories. If you want to share price as well I'll leave that optional. As the online confiscator opens up and the full list of accessories becomes available we can add that here too.

*Admins: if this thread belongs in a different area, please move*

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll start.
Today I ordered an Ascent Touring in Crystal White Pearl with trailer hitch, auto-dim exterior side mirrors w/ approach lighting, remote start and rear bumper trim. My ETA for delivery is "month of July"

Located in Northern Illinois and ordered from Berman Subaru - DM me for pricing details or a great contact at the dealership if interested.

#3 ·
Ordered last Friday. But I forgot the auto-dim exterior side mirrors w/approach lighting. Burutoo, super important? Wonder if I need to make a quick change....

I ordered an Ascent Touring in Crystal White Pearl with remote start and the cargo tray + rear back protective (since if you lay down the back seat, it should technically act as an extension of the tray).

Super excited.

#6 ·
Not sure what you mean. I placed a pre-order this morning for a Limited trim model, with a specific color. They gave me a price quote, to which I agreed and I put down a small deposit. They told me it would arrive in July and that I had 30-days to add port-installed accessories.

#7 ·
In the Portland Oregon area I ordered on February 15th a Cinnamon Brown 7 Passenger Limited with option 23 and added rear bumper protector, remote start, and trailer hitch. They said July but not to be surprised if it arrives sooner. I was the first to order at that dealership so they said mine will be in their first delivery.

#11 ·
Placed a pre-order today. 8 seat Limited in Magnetite Grey Metallic (wish they had the interior light grey leather as an option for this exterior color choice but oh well) with package 23 (premium sound, navi, panoramic moonroof, cargo cover). Don’t really care about the moonroof, but I did want the Navi. No accessories yet. At some point, I’ll get the splash guards and wheel locks, but most likely after delivery and I’ll DIY.

They wanted about $2000 above MSRP, which I think is probably what most of the other dealers in my area will be doing anyway as well. I was able to get them to come down to $1580 above MSRP (incl destination and delivery as on the spreadsheet). So my total is listed as $44500. Put my $500 deposit, got my VON, and now the waiting begins.

CA tax and misc. fees (sigh) will be what drives the total closer to $48-49k.

A different dealer in the area wanted $1k down which I thought was a bit excessive. Sounded a little bit strange cause I hadn’t heard that amount being put down by others here. They never got back to me about how much above MSRP they were planning on charging though. So not sure if they would have been willing to go closer to MSRP.

Never got to really see the actual car at the LA auto show (missed it), but I’ve been going by what others have been posting and saying here as well as on other forums. If it has pickup similar to the CX-9 and the ride / interior is what I’m looking for, then it’ll be a keeper. Otherwise I’m planning on going the Honda Pilot route.

#12 ·
We ordered the Touring in Crimson Red with packages AAC (popular package #2) and OC7 (trailer hitch). The process was easy and I think I knew more about this vehicle than the dealership did at this point. However, we were the first people to order one of their allotted 45 Ascents. Subaru accepted our order and gave us a late July estimate for delivery.

#16 ·
Pearl White Touring ordered this afternoon. Probably a few too many accessories. :)

I'm including the list of features and accessories I perused at the dealer today. Please excuse typos, my scanner is on the fritz and I types it all in. Hope it helps someone because I couldn't find all this info before I went in today.

Ascent Base Standard Equipment:
· 8-Passenger configuration with second-row bench seat with reading lights
· Symmetrical All Wheel Drive with X-MODE featuring Hill Descent Control
· Lineartronic high-torque CVT
· EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with EyeSight Assist Monitor, heads-up display
· STARLINK 6.5-inch multimedia system with touch-screen display, AM/FM/CD, SiriusXM All Access satellite radio (with 4-month free trial period), Android Auto and Apple Car-Play
· Rear Vision Camera with active guidelines
· Multi-Function Display
· Three-zone automatic climate control
· Automatic power door lock/unlock system with Collision Detection Unlock function
· Rear window wiper with vehicle speed sensing intermittent feature
· 2000-lb. towing capacity with Trailer Stability Assist
· Raised Roof Rails
· 18-inch aluminum-allow wheels with silver finish and 245/60 R18 all-season tires
· Security system with engine immobilizer
· Auto Vehicle Hold (keeps vehicle at a stop without needing to keep your foot on the brake)
· Convex cabin-view mirror (allows the driver and front passenger to view the second and third row occupants)
· 4 USB ports

Ascent Premium Standard Equipment
· Choice of 8-Passenger configuration with second-row bench seat or 7-Passenger configuration with second-row captain’s chairs, at no additional charge (requires OP 12 or 14)
· 8-way Power Driver Seat
· All-Weather Package
· STARLINK 8.0” Multimedia Plus system with voice recognition
· Subaru STARLINK Safety and Security, including a complimentary (retail sales only) 3-year subscription to Safety Plus services and a 6-month trial subscription to Safety and Security Plus services (features new Remote Engine Start for models equipped with Keyless Access)
· 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for streaming content to your personal devices, movies, music and more
· Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
· Power windows with Off-Delay operation
· Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever handle
· Third row reading lights with off-delay operation
· Second row climate controls
· Spill Repellant seat material
· 5000 lb. towing capacity with Trailer Stability Assist

Available Option Packages on Premium models include the following popular features:
OP 12 – Power Rear Gate, Keyless Access with Push Button Start, thin-frame auto-dimming rear view mirror with HomeLink and Reverse Automatic Braking. The MSRP is only $1460.
OP 14 includes the same equipment as OP 12 and adds 20-inch allow wheels with 245/50 R20 all-season tires, a Dual Glass Panoramic Moonroof with power sunshade, STARLINK 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation, and a stowable cargo area cover. The MSRP is $4260.

Ascent Limited Standard Equipment
· Choice of 8-Passenger configuration with second-row bench seat or 7-Passenger configuration with second-row captain’s chairs, at no additional charge
· 20-inch two-tone alloy wheels with 245/50/R20 tires
· Perforated leather-trimmed upholstery
· 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support two-position memory function
· Driver’s seat bottom cushion extension
· 4-way power front passenger seat
· Heated second row seats and heated steering wheel
· Keyless Access with Push Button Start
· Power rear gate with height memory
· Reverse Automatic Braking
· LED low and high beam Steering Responsive Headlights with High Beam Assist and LED foglights
· Illuminated front dual cupholders
· Auto-dimming thin frame rear view compass mirror with HomeLink
· Body-color power exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
· High grade instrument cluster and multi-function display
· Rear door window sunshades
· Black side cladding with chrome accent trim (pulled from a black exterior quote)
· 6 USB ports (Up to 8 with available accessory)

Ascent Limited Option Package includes the following:
OP 23 includes a Dual Glass Panoramic Moonroof with Power Sunshade, a HarmanKardon Quantom Logic surround sound system with 14 speakers, STARLINK 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation, and a stowable cargo area cover. The MSRP is $2950.

Ascent Touring Standard Equiment
· 7-Passenger configuration with second-row captain’s chairs
· Standard Subaru STARLINK 8.0-inch Multimedia Navigation and HarmanKardon Quantum Logic surround sound system with 14 speakers
· Additional driver assist technology including
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]Front View Monitor – provides 180 degree view in front of vehicle
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]Smart Rear View Mirrow – provides and unobstructed view behind the vehicle while driving
· Ventilated front seats
· Rain Sensing windshield wiper system
· Dual Glass Panoramic Moonroof with power sunshade
· Exclusive high gloss black grille and chrome exterior door handles
· Satin chrome exterior folding mirrors with integrated turn signals
· High grade leather-wrapped heated stearing wheel with silver stitching
· Soft touch center console rear storage box lid and door panel trim armrests with ivory stitching
· Woodgrain pattern finish on door panel inserts and center console panel
· Footwell lighting in first and second row seating areas
· Ambient lighting in all doors and dash area
· Stowable cargo area cover

Accessories - this list comes for accessories available for a Limited or Touring. Not sure if everything applies to Base or Premium.

$241.00 (09U) Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light
$120.00 (0BZ) Rear Bumper Cover
$168.00 (0C6) Splash Guards
$499.00 (0C7) Trailer Hitch
$201.00 (0CA) Cross Bars – AeroComponent 0CA may not be added to new orders
$85.00 (0CC) Cargo Net
$81.00 (0CD) Cargo Tray
$459.00 (OCE) Cargo Separator
$92.00 (0CH) Rear Seatback Protector
$133.00 (0CI) Side Sill Plate
$52.00 (0CK) Sunshade – 3rd Row
$213.00 (0CV) Footwell Illumination Kit (standard on Touring)
$411.00 (0CY) Remote Engine Starter – Push Start
$230.00 (0D1) USB Charging Ports
$272.00 (0M0) Body Side Molding
$76.00 (0MB) Sunshade
$162.00 (0MD) Door Edge Guards
$132.00 (0MP) All-Weather Floor Liners
$81.00 (H8B) Wheel Locks – Alloy

Packages –
$742.00 (AAC) (09U 0BZ 0CD 0MP 0C6) Popular Package #2
$867.00 (AAD) (09U 0BZ 0CD 0CH 0MP 0CA) Popular Package #3. Component AAD may not be added to new orders.

#17 · (Edited)
Nice work Janner! Thanks for adding this to the thread! If I could edit my first post I’d add this to it but I can’t figure out how to edit.

Also, It’s about time Subaru added this!
Automatic power door lock/unlock system with Collision Detection Unlock function

Was this info on a brochure or something the sales rep showed you online? Just curious since I see some differences from the Subaru site.
Does the touring come with 2nd and 3rd row sunshades? Or it just includes the accessory?

#19 ·
That’s how I read it too but who knows.
They updated the Subaru site with this info and new image of the app:

SUBARU STARLINK™ Safety and Security

The latest STARLINK Safety and Security system[3] includes Automatic Collision Notification to alert first responders when an airbag deploys, and SOS Emergency Assistance to lend a hand when you encounter trouble on the road. All-new Remote Engine Start with Climate Control, accessible via your smartphone, ensures your Ascent is ready and comfortable. There’s also the new STARLINK Safety and Security Plus Concierge service for personal assistance with tasks like navigation, restaurant reservations, and scheduling service appointments.
Source: https://www.subaru.com/ascent

#22 ·
This info was from a letter by Thomas J. Doll - President and COO of Subaru titled: 2019 Ascent Pricing Announcement dated 2/15/18. Appears to be an in-company letter. The sales associate gave me a copy. Probably because they don't have much in the way of official brochures yet. I was waffling between Limited/Touring and wanted to compare features and this was what he had. He originally went to a website - cars101.com I think - but the Ascent is not listed there yet.

As for the remote start, I may have to call back and ask that question. Because I ordered it and if I can just use my phone - one accessory I could drop!

Not sure about all dealerships, but at least at mine - they reminded me if I purchased another Subaru within 4 years of my last purchase, there was an additional $500 incentive.

#24 ·
My salesman just called back with additional information. He talked to the Concierge Director who has said that the remote start is not needed on the car to use the phone app. I have removed that from my order. However, you do have to subscribe to their service. He didn't have the exact pricing but that might be $499 for 5 years. That includes the collision notification etc. But that's more than it costs to get the remote start installed on a new car. The car app is also supposed to allow you to adjust the temperature. So in the long run, the remote start and fob might be cheaper but less convenient. You just have to decide where you want to pay the money.

#27 ·
My take - I am removing it because I've been told it isn't needed. My original invoice has it there. If it is needed, I will ask the Subaru dealership to honor the factory installed price instead of adding their labor because their concierge told me it wasn't needed. And posting this to the thread gives me time and date I talked confirmed this with my sales rep. This is a brand new feature coming out with the Ascent - it is not available to do a remote start on any of the other cars at this time. I think that is adding to the confusion. The dealerships haven't been given a ton of information yet.

#29 ·
Talked to my sales rep again stating all the different stories on here about remote start. The Concierge Director got his info from the Regional Director for Utah/Colorado. But they have said they will go back and try to get to the bottom of this issue to see if there is some definitive answer and report back to me. We'll see. :)

#37 ·
What accessories are installed at the factory and what accessories are installed by the dealer? One local dealer said the accessories like the trailer hitch(0C7), splash guards(0C6) , auto dim exterior mirror(09U) , etc. are installed at the dealership after it is delivered.....Is this true?
So does anyone know what options are factory installed and what is dealer installed? Never ordered a car before so just trying to get it figured out..
Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.