Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got our Ascent Thursday and today added our first customization of many--the cupholderhero liners that so many others mentioned. I love them. We have a red Ascent and the red detailing just gives that extra spark to the interior. https://amzn.to/2WwDKE4

And I got two little 'trash pails' that fit in the cup holders to hold those bits of paper that are such a nuisance--straw wrappers and such--to keep the debris contained. Since in our very first ride in the car we both had drinks and looked at the straw wrappers wondering what to do with them, this seemed a fitting purchase. I have another idea for a real trash receptacle but this is easy and out of the way. My husband said he may actually get a second one to use for his gas receipts. I guess all those cup holders do come in handy. https://amzn.to/2WShB2t

Sorry that my photos aren't better. I guess I need to bite the bullet and finally upgrade my iPhone!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I got them in blue for my blue Ascent. I ditched the center console one though to be able to see the LED outline.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't have the LED outline so didn't have a reason to ditch it. Forgot to say, the trash pails come in all colors, too. LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
That trash can looks like a much better solution than the loose supermarket veggie bag that I stuff into the door area!

Does it fit snugly into the door cupholder, or does it rattle around?

F.S.

·
Registered
494 Posts
+1 for cupholder hero. great customer service and the fit is spot on!

I realized i was missing one of the cup holders about a month after l placed the order. They sent me a replacement, unfortunately it was the wrong one. They ended up sending me a whole new set!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That trash can looks like a much better solution than the loose supermarket veggie bag that I stuff into the door area!

Does it fit snugly into the door cupholder, or does it rattle around?

F.S.
It's snug. It only fits in the front one; it's too tall for the other two. [Speaking of the three in the front doors.]

I have put receipts I don't need, paper straw wrappers, and other small paper debris. It doesn't replace a trash receptacle of some kind for bigger wastepaper and such, but it was those little scraps of paper that often ended up on my floorboard before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rockthebeef said:

I got this trash bin for a road trip but actually have left it in the car ever since. It has a clip that I put onto the center of the middle row floor mat, then the bin attaches to the clip. It's pretty handy since it's large enough to just throw stuff back there. The car wash guys even emptied it last time I was there. Bonus!
~~~
I like that one, rock. I'm worried my dogs would knock it over but I like it a lot.

This is what we have. We hung it behind the driver's seat so that the passenger can easily reach back and stow the trash. The lid can be open or snapped shut. It comes in more than one size. This is the XL.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
This is what we have. We hung it behind the driver's seat so that the passenger can easily reach back and stow the trash. The lid can be open or snapped shut. It comes in more than one size. This is the XL.

I have the smaller version of the same bin that stays strapped to the center console and sits behind it. Very easy to reach while I'm driving. I love the little clips on each side that hold the handles of supermarket plastic bags in place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hadn't considered the console. Hmm. If you have a chance to snap a picture would you mind sharing? I'm not sure if that would work with our dogs or not. We could keep it snapped closed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Keep in mind that mine doesn't have a lid, but getting one that does (like the one you have) would probably work with dogs, especially if it's a lid you could keep either open or closed (which yours seems like it would) depending on whether the puppies were in the car or not.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.