Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Thank you for preordering email

21K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  gani 
#1 ·
I pre-ordered an Ascent last monday. Got an email today from SoA thanking me for my preorder. Got me pretty excited.

#10 ·
Yup! I did the math for delivery, and I ordered one from CO. Wish I knew about Berman though before I ordered, that was a killer deal. BTW, what did this pre-order email look like? I have a VON number and an order sheet from my sales guy, but I never did get an email from Subaru acknowledging my pre-order.

#16 ·
Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking? I ordered from NJ as well. Did you get pricing yet?

#19 ·
We pre-ordered on Tuesday as well but haven’t received any communication from SOA yet. How long did it take for the email to come through?

I also sent SOA a separate message through their website contact page a few days ago and haven’t heard back from there either. Does anyone know about how long it takes them to respond to inquiries?

#30 ·
I asked for the VON page and got back this response:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

"Hi Robert,

I have not had any developments on my end. My sales manager will be in touch through out the process for specifics. I will be in touch with all of the information I receive.

Best,
(name)"

I've already received my confirmation email from SoA though. :smile:

#37 · (Edited)
I received a ‘Pre-Order’ email yesterday, one month after ordering. Can someone define ‘Pre-Order’? I have a printout that shows a VON, Commitment Status: Sold Order, Pipeline Status: Ordered. Is it like pre-boarding an airplane? Nonsense. You can’t be a little pregnant; you are or you ain’t. I have pre-boarded a plane and on one occasion my wife asked me why I was looking so intently toward the front. I told her that I was watching for myself to come aboard and was curious what seat I would choose (Southwest). I thought that pre-boarding was some sort of time warp thing where you can jump ahead and see yourself. I have this thing about how words are used to cloud the truth. Do you know the difference between a used car and a pre-owned car? Essentially they are the same, but the latter is way more expensive. So, if I pre-ordered the car, does that mean I have to go back and actually order the car? I gave the dealer 3,000 bucks and in my book that means that when it arrives I’m driving it home before the engine cools off. Just wondering about the terminology. Must be those marketing people at work. At least Subaru doesn’t sell ‘Entry-level’ cars. With the addition of the Ascent, there should be a Subaru to suit most people’s needs, not their vanity. Speaking of Entry-Level, just for fun go visit a Mercedes-Benz showroom and find a car that more or less would compare to the Ascent. I did. Now, I’m talking about the stuff that really matters. My math came up with enough to buy two Subaru cars. Before you leave the showroom, take what you intended to spend on a new Ascent and see what you can get. Entry-level. However, you can do very nicely by buying a used, I mean pre-owned Mercedes-Benz.

#38 ·
I have no idea if this is a joke, but if it isn’t, your “order” for your Ascent is only described as a “pre-order” because the Ascent is not available yet. So you might say that I have pre-ordered a vehicle in the past when I did so for the 2015 Outback when it hadn’t been released yet, but I also had ordered a 2014 Outback prior to that because it had been already available. Terminology is subject to availability to the masses. Your pre-ordered/ordered vehicle is earmarked for you. Like other responses have mentioned, that vehicle is yours until you decide not to purchase it. It won’t be offered to anyone else unless you decide to walk away. And if you do walk away, you should get all of your deposit back.

#39 ·
I might be trying to have a little fun, but because I am spending real dollars, I expect a little more than a vague promise. I am not buying a Tesla that may or may not be built and be delivered in a reasonable time frame. Unless an asteroid takes out Indiana, Subaru should be cranking out cars. My paperwork says that I have an 'ORDER' and my understanding is that SOA knows that there is a guy that will buy the yet unbuilt automobile. I understand that each dealer has an allotment base on a variety of parameters. I have a question that the dealer had no answer for, at least when I 'Ordered' the Ascent. If the ETA is 7/2018, how does one know if a specific order will be in that allotment or in subsequent ones? In other words, has the production been set in stone where there are fixed numbers of strawbery, vanilla and chocolate to be divided up into allotments? During this pre-ordering process, if there is a high interest in Premium and Limited, will Subaru adjust the numbers of each of the four levels? It has been many years that I really looked forward to getting a new car. I have a 2014 Forester that next month will be 5 years old. When I bought it (after three Mazdas) I did not know what to expect. Going all in on another Subaru. Dog tested, dog approved.

#41 ·
My salesman told me that the pre orders go against their allocations and determine you spot in line and which months shipments your Ascent will be in.
He had 8 allotted for his first month allocation and I'm customer #5 of the month's shipment. $500 fully refundable deposit is what it took. That's from Hodge's Subaru in Ferndale and they are a Subaru only Dealer.

Anyone on the fence should at least get locked in with a refundable deposit. They will all be quoting November or December soon, I'm thinking..

#42 ·
So, I just received a 2nd Thank You for pre-ordering email. Am I alone in receiving a 2nd email? And/or should I be concerned about the status of my order? Hmm..

#43 ·
SOOOOO happy I saw this! Wish I'd seen it earlier. I just emailed my dealership to ask if I'd been pushed back. I too got a 2nd email just moments ago.

#53 · (Edited)
Maybe two days after I placed my order, I received an email from SOA. It basically said 'Welcome to the Subaru Family' and that they wanted to send me confirmation that they have received my order. They mentioned further communication as progress on my vehicle can be reported.

I would certainly contact your dealer if you haven't already!!!

Also, the paper work you brought home with you from the dealership should have already had a VON printed on it with a summary of the order.

#51 ·
What is a VON? I received a "Sold Order: Summary" and on the first line it says "Vehicle Order Summary". In fine print at the bottom it shows that my piece of paper was printed from "subarunet.com/soldorder/wizard/saveSoldOrder. That was April 20th and as I mentioned in another post, I've not received a thing from Subaru

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.