Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was leaving a friend's house a couple of days ago. It was dark and she didn't see the neighbor's mail box across the street. She said the Ascent jerked to a stop and when she looked at the camera she could see the mailbox was way too close. Two lessons, the rear auto braking works and use the camera as well as the mirrors for backing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I live in a major city and while parallel parking I need to back up real close to the car behind me for tight parking spots. The backup camera usually show the red squares on the screen and I get to maybe 2-3 inches from the car behind me but at slow speed with my foot on the brake. RAB has never forced me to a complete stop. Is RAB smart enough to realize I'm parking or am I out of the scope for RAB to react?

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Pages 368-369 cover RAB operation. But in my experience so far if you’re going slow enough on the brakes it won’t usually activate. It does say between 1-9mph maybe you’re either below the threshold or above it ?

·
Registered
271 Posts
My first experience with the system scared the crap out of us. On a fire road doing a three point turn, the system stops us. The car is beeping, the brake pedal is giving me feedback. I throw it in park. We all thought I hit something. Get out and I’m not even close to the side of the embankment. The only thing I can see is a few high weeds/grass that the system picked up.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
^^ I’ve had the same experience. I put it in the same category as police labels on Waze that aren’t there. Better safe than sorry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.