Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seams like a comprehensive test drive of the Ascent to be purchased (leased) prior to signing final paperwork would be a good idea. Has anyone been able to do this?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I haven't purchased mine yet, but of course, you should definitely test drive it before you sign the paperwork. If you drive it and don't like it, you can say so and walk away. If you already put down a deposit (hopefully it is fully refundable), then you should get your refund and all will be good.
Even though I have already test drove two Ascents, once I order mine and it comes in, I'll test drive it as well and if I don't like it for some reason, I'll say so and walk away from the deal. This is probably unlikely since I really liked they way it handled during our test drives. :)

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
303 Posts
Agreed, even a cursory test drive just to make sure the thing at least turns on and drives the way you want or expect it to...
Obviously we can't all do an exhaustive test drive but... just remember that once you drive it off the lot, it's yours! (for better or worse!)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Our dealer ..it seemed...almost demanded that we test drive it before final paperwork was done. After giving fairly detailed instructions on technology we drove it for 15 minutes...in traffic...without salesman accompanying.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Our dealer ..it seemed...almost demanded that we test drive it before final paperwork was done.
Depending upon the state you live in, it could actually be part of the state law to finalize the auto contract, or it could give you an out as a way to back out of the signed contract.

It's VERY rare that someone buys anything on our lot without test driving it first anyway, even if they're just going into a newer model year of the same car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts