Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Tekonsha Prodigy RF will work without additional wiring for the Ascent? Here is a link to the brake controller: Tekonsha - Trailer Brake Control - Proportional

I have an Ascent Touring coming soon with the trailer hitch already installed from the factory. We have been towing our trailer using our Outbacks which are both wired for the Prodigy RF so we only had to have one brake controller and a clean install on both vehicles. It is actually mounted on our trailer instead of in our vehicles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious about this as well. Do you need to plug anything into the trailer brake controller plug in the Ascent?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been running this for over a year. You need the standard plug trailer plug and that's it. It operates off the signal that activates your trailer brake lights. You plug it in when you hook up your trailer and the RF signals just sync up. The controller has the normal sensitivity dial and brake override button. It very simple to install and use thanks to the high tech guts of it lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts