Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchases any tape or wrap type product to protect the door sills from getting nicked by shoes? I wondering if regular clear 3M sticker sheet was a good idea. It's the same stuff I used to use to make custom graphics or do a little more protection on my race bikes. A guy i work with has used regular clear packing tape (recommended to him once) and he says it works great, I just don't know if that is enough protection. Any ideas please let me know.

I did just purchase some door cup protectors from Lamin-X. They looked pretty solid. Hopefully they will save the Ascent by my wife and mother-in-law's nails/rings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious, what kind of shoes are you wearing that are going to scuff the door sills?
Not me... wife and mother-in-law. No matter how many times I tell them they do not lift their feet and they drag them across and in. Mostly boots or others with had soles. Our Accord's sills are ruined from the two of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
ouch. i feel your pain. hopefully someone will have a good suggestion for you.
You could always attack the problem from the other end...replace their shoes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Ascent door sill cost only around $10. Easy and cheap to replace if they get ruined. Usually, some aftermarket company offers metal ones.
I do like the way they look, my real issue is the curved edges. I may do a trial run of the clear packing tape on my Accord which is that bisque red color and would be more noticeable than on the White Ascent and see how that does for a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I am trying to contact Lamin-x to return the door handle cup covers. I started on one and the “custom” fit is not custom and looked awful. I stopped before I invested too much time applying it. I’ll be looking for a new option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never mind thought you were talk about the door not the sill. Maybe these?
I meant this too, I was also saying to protect from wife finger nails I had gotten the clear stickers for the handle wells. But I’m returning. Those, they fit horribly.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
I meant this too, I was also saying to protect from wife finger nails I had gotten the clear stickers for the handle wells. But I’m returning. Those, they fit horribly.
You just saved me the hassle. Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
After 3 Subaru Foresters, wearing work boots most of the time and over 200,000 miles combined, every sill looked good as new when I traded them in. I'm hoping the Ascent's sills are as durable!

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
After 3 Subaru Foresters, wearing work boots most of the time and over 200,000 miles combined, every sill looked good as new when I traded them in. I'm hoping the Ascent's sills are as durable!
The body side cladding? I can wholeheartedly attest to their durability.

I am not saying that I have slammed mine into dirt, sand and rock outcroppings on numerous off roading adventures across the country, but, had I went on such adventures, I think that's what I'd say. ?

PS: the chrome trim will scratch... or so I have heard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.