Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
front driver side wheel got pushed under the engine....F-150 didn't see me........ totaled . View attachment 5990
Glad you are physically okay. Are you saying the F-150 or the Ascent was officially totalled by the insurance company? I assume the Ascent curtain and driver' airbag deployed. Were there any injuries from the airbag deployment?

·
Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you are physically okay. Are you saying the F-150 or the Ascent was officially totalled by the insurance company? I assume the Ascent curtain and driver' airbag deployed. Were there any injuries from the airbag deployment?
Thanks for asking .
Nobody seriously hurt, it was only me and mine doughter in car .
Some whiplash . And .....broken middle finger (lol) . Ins.totaled our car.and no ,air bag deployment on Ascent. The hit goes mostly on engine bay area. Just get 2021 ice silver limited. Happy camper again.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Thanks for asking .
Nobody seriously hurt, it was only me and mine doughter in car .
Some whiplash . And .....broken middle finger (lol) . Ins.totaled our car.and no ,air bag deployment on Ascent. The hit goes mostly on engine bay area. Just get 2021 ice silver limited. Happy camper again.
Hope you had the gap insurance.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Glad y'all were relatively unscathed!

Hope the finger isn't on your dominant hand. That's always a pain!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Glad everyone's ok.

How fast was did the f150 come at you? Looks like subaru did a great job at safety stuff. Can't even tell a truck hit it.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Well, I don't think that it going to buff out.....

Glad to hear you and your Minion are were able to walk away from this.

Which seat was she sitting in? Passenger side, away from impact? 3rd row?....

C.

·
Registered
2021 ascent limited ice silver
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I don't think that it going to buff out.....

Glad to hear you and your Minion are were able to walk away from this.

Which seat was she sitting in? Passenger side, away from impact? 3rd row?....

C.
passenger side ...holding her dog....lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad it was totaled and everyone is ok, on a hard hit, always best when it is totaled, especially when the damages include the uni-structure of the vehicle, i deal in insurance and people argue to have there hard hit car repaired, no shop no matter how good they are can rebuild it as good as the factory did.

As far as the front air bags, they did not go off, for the vehicle was not hit from the front, after the impact the vehicle would still be going forward, if the front bags went off driver would have no frontal view and the deployment would stun them, and this could become a very unsafe situation, after the first impact.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
In my Lexus crash (post #2 above) no airbags went off. Hit from the passenger side and no passenger present, just me in the driver's seat. Broke a rib on the console.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. The car did its job and kept everyone safe, glad to hear. Technology/materials/ engineering are amazing things, that we can be kept safe in so many situations nowadays. Luckily it's much easier to replace a car than a person.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts