Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Forester had this issue, so I'd share how to fix it in case the Ascent works the same way (I think it does?)

You have an option in settings to "Auto" sync the time from a connected Bluetooth phone to the car, but in an iPhone you have to go into the Bluetooth menu in Settings, find "Subaru BT" or whatever you've named the Bluetooth for your car, and then tap the "i" on the right side of the screen. Make sure "Send Notifications" is selected - it is off by default. Once I did this, my clock synced time.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
Yes, and I remember reading somewhere that this also let's the car see your new text messages.

Reactions: pilot1226

·
Super Moderator
2,572 Posts
Yes, and I remember reading somewhere that this also let's the car see your new text messages.
Yes. The car can read your texts when you’re not connected to CarPlay this way.
However, I found it a little annoying the way it alerts you to every text that takes up the whole infotainment screen until you acknowledge it so I turned the notification function off.
There is another thread about the clock not syncing all the time where the notifications have also been discussed. While the notifications will probably keep your time in sync, it’s not the only way the unit syncs it from your phone. My time has stayed in sync even after removing the notifications though I still have no idea what prompts it to sync ?‍♂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.