Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the OEM fog light switches that are included with the OEM fog light kit meant for a base model? Also looking to add the one-touch interior light switch that is standard on MY2020's??

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
Has anyone purchased the OEM fog light switches that are included with the OEM fog light kit meant for a base model?
This answer applies to both 2019 and 2020 MY Ascents that do not come with fog lights.

The OEM fog light kit is not the same as the OEM fog light assemblies installed in trims that come with the fog lights. The lights and housing are the same, but, instead of it being stalk controlled, it is controlled by a button that is installed in place of a blank in the kick panel near the driver's left leg (above the fuse panel cover).

I am not aware if they turn off with the high beams. The built in ones have smart logic to turn them off if the high beams are turned on, as required in some states.

Instructions are here - but alas, I cannot find the switch part number, as it's a sub-assembly, and I do not have access to those part numbers without a trip to my dealership.

PN: H451SXC000

You can see the pop-in switch here, to the right of the blue relay:

Wiring is already in the car, behind the fuse panel/kick panel. Relay and switch are not.

Also looking to add the one-touch interior light switch that is standard on MY2020's??
It's a bit more than a switch. There's changes to the wiring from the harness that comes out of the fuse (the relevant fuse is shared by multiple components).

·
Registered
24 Posts
This answer applies to both 2019 and 2020 MY Ascents that do not come with fog lights.

The OEM fog light kit is not the same as the OEM fog light assemblies installed in trims that come with the fog lights. The lights and housing are the same, but, instead of it being stalk controlled, it is controlled by a button that is installed in place of a blank in the kick panel near the driver's left leg (above the fuse panel cover).

I am not aware if they turn off with the high beams. The built in ones have smart logic to turn them off if the high beams are turned on, as required in some states.

Instructions are here - but alas, I cannot find the switch part number, as it's a sub-assembly, and I do not have access to those part numbers without a trip to my dealership.

PN: H451SXC000

You can see the pop-in switch here, to the right of the blue relay:
View attachment 1547

Wiring is already in the car, behind the fuse panel/kick panel. Relay and switch are not.

It's a bit more than a switch. There's changes to the wiring from the harness that comes out of the fuse (the relevant fuse is shared by multiple components).
that’s kind of weird they doit that way considering how well their electrical design is.
Nissan and Toyota are set up so you replace the base stalk with the one that has the fog control built in then install the fog lights into the existing harness.

this setup looks completely disconnected from the headlights so i assume theyll be on in the day time with the DRL’s if the switch is on.

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
that’s kind of weird they doit that way considering how well their electrical design is.
Nissan and Toyota are set up so you replace the base stalk with the one that has the fog control built in then install the fog lights into the existing harness.

this setup looks completely disconnected from the headlights so i assume theyll be on in the day time with the DRL’s if the switch is on.
Not necessarily. Not if the BCM controls it all. I just don't know and can't test, since I have the fog lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts