Subaru Ascent Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Thank you so very much, Chris!!! :D

And, folks, just an FYI, Chris has already made a very generous personal contribution!!! If you're considering upgrading your bushings, then, here's a way you can do it and help a great cause at no cost to you!
To reiterate what has been said. I am donating after-cost proceeds to Robert's Make-A-Wish drive. Please, if anyone is interested in tightening up a bit of the body roll, now is the time.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hello, my bushings -stock are
Visibly shot and dealer thinks they are fine so can someone direct me towards the changing directions so I can get new ones.thanks

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Hello, my bushings -stock are
Visibly shot and dealer thinks they are fine so can someone direct me towards the changing directions so I can get new ones.thanks
How do they look visibly shot? Can you share pics?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hello Robert,
Although I frequently disagree about the car, I don’t mean it personally. I hope you, your family and your friends are well during this difficult time . I wish you happy holidays .
Ok back to the pics- post numbered 165- front drivers - tip space on bar and in housing area, left side- mush, deformation at 2 o’clock, cracks in top.

# 167 front passenger - spaces,mush, crack at 5 o’clock
As a passenger the car is unbearable now. Does that guy still sell the stronger ones?
Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy folks -- long time listener, first time caller. I just picked up an Ascent, and planning to upgrade the bushings. Trying to decide between the 75 and 85. I wanted to check in with those of you who have now had the CKE SSP bushings for a while -- which ones do you have and how are they feeling? Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Howdy folks -- long time listener, first time caller. I just picked up an Ascent, and planning to upgrade the bushings. Trying to decide between the 75 and 85. I wanted to check in with those of you who have now had the CKE SSP bushings for a while -- which ones do you have and how are they feeling? Thanks!
Still running 75d in the front and 85d in the rear. I have also recently upgraded to stiffer springs and really like the driving dynamics with this combo setup.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
FYI

Since the pandemic. Manufacturing and fabrication is hardest hit with delays and cost increases. Raw material supply chains have been severely impacted by both lead times and costs. Metals (aluminum, steel and stainless) have doubled. Urethane and rubber $$$ are volatile due to East Coast winter weather and Texas (just Texas, evidently ... many chemicals come from Texas) 15%-35% increase.

Rest assured, CKE is not passing on increased costs to our enthusiast community. I have a "freeze" on all CKE customer prices, on all products.

·
Registered
126 Posts
FYI

Since the pandemic. Manufacturing and fabrication is hardest hit with delays and cost increases. Raw material supply chains have been severely impacted by both lead times and costs. Metals (aluminum, steel and stainless) have doubled. Urethane and rubber $$$ are volatile due to East Coast winter weather and Texas (just Texas, evidently ... many chemicals come from Texas) 15%-35% increase.

Rest assured, CKE is not passing on increased costs to our enthusiast community. I have a "freeze" on all CKE customer prices, on all products.
And he does excellent work and support.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts