Subaru Ascent Forum banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
Subaru Brand Infringement and Ebay

All CKE listing will be removed from Ebay. Evidently, the Subaru Brand Infringement division has decided that CKE has infringed on Subaru Intellectual Property. I was notified though Ebay today that these have been removed.

OK, look at the last 3, these are MY intellectual property, Not Subaru. Every sway bar bushing I make is different than what Subaru makes, they are not rubber. They are not manufactured in the same manner.

It's because I listed Subaru in the title and I listed compatible OEM part numbers. Some bean counter at Subaru thinks I'm selling "Subaru" branded sh*t.

I'll be taking down the rest of my listing today to avoid Ebay repercussions since Subi will be coming after me on the others. It kinda p*sses me off Subaru can tell Ebay that I can't sell my inserts and my reinforcement brackets. Bushings are a little grey, but this whole thing is a stretch at best.

Website currently being considered now. In the short term, PM or use the email in my signature

Or I may just quit this hobby and move on to something else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boo! Hopefully you can find a way to continue offering these upgrades. I’m for sure interested in purchasing eventually (haven’t even made it to the first oil change yet).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I went ahead an removed the Ascent products. Here is the current state of my affair.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/cke_ssp

Items for sale (0)

Browse the feedback I have. I'm just an enthusiast who saw opportunities to improve our cars. I run my own parts on my cars, in various degrees of modification. This is literally the classic story of 2 extremely large corporations squashing opportunity for the small enthusiast. They don't serve this market, the big "poly" companies don't serve this market, CKE serves this market. It's not like there's any $ in it. I cover my costs and new development and that's really it. However, it allows my enjoy a hobby, and help other enthusiasts have an option. And CKE is on 5 Continents with product and all over including Singapore, Thailand and Japan.

I am working with ADF to help me get my own website.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sorry to hear this. EBay took a hard stance because you are not based on China (haha). Thank you for improving my Outback and hope it all works out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went ahead an removed the Ascent products. Here is the current state of my affair.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/cke_ssp

Items for sale (0)

Browse the feedback I have. I'm just an enthusiast who saw opportunities to improve our cars. I run my own parts on my cars, in various degrees of modification. This is literally the classic story of 2 extremely large corporations squashing opportunity for the small enthusiast. They don't serve this market, the big "poly" companies don't serve this market, CKE serves this market. It's not like there's any $ in it. I cover my costs and new development and that's really it. However, it allows my enjoy a hobby, and help other enthusiasts have an option. And CKE is on 5 Continents with product and all over including Singapore, Thailand and Japan.

I am working with ADF to help me get my own website.
I am having the ones you sold me installed today on my 2020. So thank you very much.

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Finally installed 85D’s in front and back. Very happy with them.
If you start squeaking, try Lucas Red and Tacky, and slather tons in the bushing and along the part of the sway bar you're sliding the bushing onto.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
If you start squeaking, try Lucas Red and Tacky, and slather tons in the bushing and along the part of the sway bar you're sliding the bushing onto.
This is very, very good advice. The SuperLube I send is pretty light, but I can't seem to get any better, marine grade "sticky grease" which will hold up longer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I am just bumping this thread for exposure. I am sure there are many new members who are not aware these exist.

BTW, the 2020 Outback is running the same front bushing as the Ascent. I am curious to see what the rear bar bushing is like. I have one on order for replication.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put your bushing in my 2020 Ascent Tour and between the Bushings and the 2" LP Aventure lift, it rides even smoother. No floating feeling. Thank you very much. I also put in the CVT mount but have no way of knowing if that made a difference.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I remember running Teflon tape on my WRX, STI and LGT bars back in the day. Worked great on aftermarket bushings. Regreasing bushings SUCKS.

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
I remember running Teflon tape on my WRX, STI and LGT bars back in the day. Worked great on aftermarket bushings. Regreasing bushings SUCKS.
Any brand you'd suggest? I need to pull mine and clean them and re-grease them (or teflon the bars).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
Bump-

I sent CKE an email a couple of days ago and haven't heard back. Anyone know his usual response time?
I do, but I have to say as a guy born in the 60's sometimes I miss things. Unfortunately, I have about 8 media inputs where people can reach out to me. I am one guy and my regular "employment" sometimes gets in the way of my passionate hobby turned cottage (apartment) business.

I do apologize for those who my have dropped through the cracks.

·
Administrator
9,687 Posts
Similar to last year. CKE (me with all of your help) will donate all proceeds from all Ascent sway bar bushing and 2.4 CVT transmission mount sales through this site to this cause. From the date of this post until the drive ... drives. Meaning, all $$$ above my cost to produce product will be donated.

Contact me at [email protected] for product or sales information.

Let us see if we can beat last year's contribution.
Thank you so very much, Chris!!! :D

And, folks, just an FYI, Chris has already made a very generous personal contribution!!! If you're considering upgrading your bushings, then, here's a way you can do it and help a great cause at no cost to you!

141 - 160 of 176 Posts