Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the captains chairs for a bench without trading in your keys? We have an Ascent and thought the captains chairs would be awesome but it's quickly becoming apparent that we'd be much happier with the bench.... Would love to avoid trading in the car to get a bench but if we can't then we might be headed down that road soon...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,854 Posts
I can speculate that the mount points are likely the same across both versions so it's also very likely you could do what you want to do, assuming you want to absorb what is probably a hefty cost. I seriously doubt that a vehicle manufacturer would have different floor pans because that would be a mess from a manufacturing standpoint. Finding an Ascent wreck to get a bench seat out of might be tough given it's only in the first model year and that's normally the least expensive way to acquire the part. The "easiest" way to get what you want is to trade in for a new one, but that's also an expensive proposition.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You could also try to find someone that wants to trade the other direction, but getting the colors you want might be a crap-shoot too. I'm happy we chose the bench after seeing the car with each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the captains chairs for a bench without trading in your keys? We have an Ascent and thought the captains chairs would be awesome but it's quickly becoming apparent that we'd be much happier with the bench.... Would love to avoid trading in the car to get a bench but if we can't then we might be headed down that road soon...
We're in the same boat but want captains seats. What color is your interior and I wonder if the dealership would switch the two?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I too would prefer the bench to the captains' chairs I have. Mine are the Premium beige fabric.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,854 Posts
Physically, I can think of no issue with doing such a swap. The challenge will be...finding the seat(s) you want in the trim/color you want. Ideally, finding someone who wants the opposite seat design but has the same color/material interior would be best. There are not going to be many Ascents in the junk yards to buy parts and OEM new is likely going to be pretty costly.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Post it on Craigslist and repost it for a year to see if another owner want to trade.

Also post on here also

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got a link?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, @dogcar that's exactly what I needed to see. I was looking at the seats and saw that the middle seatbelt shoulder belt was attached to the seat compared to the ceiling on the 3rd row.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts