Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this happen to anyone else. I get the message that either the SW is up-to-date or download cannot be completed and to retry. This seems to happen a lot and is VERY annoying -- msg won't go away until I touch OK! Any thoughts from anyone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does this happen to anyone else. I get the message that either the SW is up-to-date or download cannot be completed and to retry. This seems to happen a lot and is VERY annoying -- msg won't go away until I touch OK! Any thoughts from anyone.

I'm not the main driver of ours, but from what I've seen, the Ascent gives the software is up to date message whenever the vehicle is pulled into the garage and connects to our home wifi.

Again, I don't drive it much, but that's what it seems like.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You can turn off auto update so that you'd have to update manually. AFAIK, there are no OTA updates that can actually be downloaded and installed anyway (for now). The only update I've had so far was done via USB by the dealer. I'm really not sure if the OTA update feature is fully baked yet.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I'm not the main driver of ours, but from what I've seen, the Ascent gives the software is up to date message whenever the vehicle is pulled into the garage and connects to our home wifi.

Again, I don't drive it much, but that's what it seems like.
This is exactly what happens when the auto update feature is enabled and your car connects to your network. For me this is just the normal thing that happens whenever I start the car in the garage, so tapping the alert on the screen is just part of my startup routine. If I out pull out of the garage too quickly it will fail, so I just hit okay, then when I pull back in at the end of my drive it makes another attempt. It's a minor annoyance that doesn't bother me as it ensures my head unit is always up to date, assuming I am not traveling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jes3

I have the same issue. This happens when a download is attempted but does not complete. Could be the WiFi signal was too weak and dropped. It will supposedly go away when I get the update installed tomorrow. we shall see.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Premium, 2021
39 Posts
Same thing happening to me with my 2021 Ascent. I've tried to find an explanation, and the best advice I got was just to ignore it...LOL. Since I couldn't find any other solution that's what I'm doing. Hit OK and forget it. Sorry, just saw this thread is a year old. Well, nothing has changed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts