1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to get my new '21 Ascent tonight and just received a box that had:

1. The new cupholder insert
2. Card expressing apologies on delay

Not that the price point of the accessory is high, but I usually take any gift as consideration of virtue rather than FMV of the gift.

I had not thought about this replacement accessory when buying or subsequently so a nice touch I think. I'll put it in tomorrow.

·
Administrator
8,304 Posts
Nice! In case you don't figure it out (lighted cup holders are a little more difficult), here's my video instructions:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back home... have to wait until weekend to do cup holders, put 3rd row shades in, etc.

Got them to throw in 3 year Starlink sub (the one with remote engine start) instead of just 6 months free and one free oil change at 6k or slightly earlier. Will post picture this weekend as well. Whew...great ride home in it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
How long did you wait for yours? My original delivery date was yesterday, then Monday 23, now Thursday 26 (but really Friday bc the holiday). That will make the full 10 weeks so fingers crossed it doesn’t get pushed anymore lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long did you wait for yours? My original delivery date was yesterday, then Monday 23, now Thursday 26 (but really Friday bc the holiday). That will make the full 10 weeks so fingers crossed it doesn’t get pushed anymore lol
I went there on Saturday, Nov 7th and got it tonight Nov 19th. Originally it was going to be last Saturday, then Tuesday, then finally Thursday (today). If they still show "in transit" on their website for your vehicle it's going to be longer. I was delayed due to the front chrome bumper protector not being ready in the parts department until yesterday.

Oh and call/email Subaru of America (SOA) to get them to give you $300 credit if you show receipt of a new battery as good faith to guard against battery drains as you note the class action but that doesn't include 2021, but still to get this relationship going in the right direction. I did and got Autozone to send me a AMG 1400T battery by Odyssey which I'll have installed at closest service center to me.

Reactions: djrussell

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I went there on Saturday, Nov 7th and got it tonight Nov 19th. Originally it was going to be last Saturday, then Tuesday, then finally Thursday (today). If they still show "in transit" on their website for your vehicle it's going to be longer. I was delayed due to the front chrome bumper protector not being ready in the parts department until yesterday.

Oh and call/email Subaru of America (SOA) to get them to give you $300 credit if you show receipt of a new battery as good faith to guard against battery drains as you note the class action but that doesn't include 2021, but still to get this relationship going in the right direction. I did and got Autozone to send me a AMG 1400T battery by Odyssey which I'll have installed at closest service center to me.
Why would Subaru pay for a new battery on a 2021 Ascent, if it is not included in class action suit? Still a little strange that Subaru is not addressing the problem directly - change the battery at the factory, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out to do the cupholders per Robert's post (which is also on Youtube and I had watched it there earlier), and lo and behold the door edge guards are already installed. Didn't order them, so pleasantly surprise #2 I suppose.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 7 of 7 Posts