Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About ten years ago I drank the Subaru AWD Kool aid and picked up a new WRX as my first new car out of college. Fast forward to today and the family needs meant getting something a little bit bigger. So far, we couldn't be happier with this 2021 super-sized WRX (hey it's still got a turbo flat four, but I will miss the manual transmission).

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome!

We "grew" from my wife's '05 WRX and my '05 LGT (5MT) to Forester XTs (wifey, '09 and '13), and a Tribeca and an Outback for me ('13 and '16), to today with me in the Ascent, and the wifey back in a WRX (she's had back-to-back '16 and '19).

·
Administrator
795 Posts
Welcome to the forums @nomadjohn!

The question remains.... Did you keep the WRX for a weekend car?

C.

Also...

Quote:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums @nomadjohn!

The question remains.... Did you keep the WRX for a weekend car?

C.

Also...

Sadly no, the garage does not support that many vehicles and I was only putting 4k miles a year on it before working from home due to covid-19 and getting the Ascent.

·
Registered
2020, Ascent Limited CWP, 2010 Legacy Limited SWP, 2013 STI Hatchback PBP
10 Posts
sweet! i had to do the same, but fortunately did not have to give up my "first" baby (STI hatch) for the new actual baby lol. pick up is WAY better in theis DI engine than the EJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.