Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here's my first Sunset on the Beach photo of my Ascent taken with a DSLR. That's the ocean surf and ocean on the left, and the dunes and setting sun on the right.

The beach was packed. There's a line of trucks, fisherpeople and people playing football behind the car, lol! If you look really closely through the front windshield and out the passenger window, you'll see a couple fishing rods sticking out of the sand behind the car, and someone fishing. I managed to hide a couple dozen other vehicles and many people behind the car. It's all about the camera tricks, lol! :grin:

Enjoy!

See it here:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi all, here's my first Sunset on the Beach photo of my Ascent taken with a DSLR. That's the ocean surf and ocean on the left, and the dunes and setting sun on the right.

The beach was packed. There's a line of trucks, fisherpeople and people playing football behind the car, lol! If you look really closely through the front windshield and out the passenger window, you'll see a couple fishing rods sticking out of the sand behind the car, and someone fishing. I managed to hide a couple dozen other vehicles and many people behind the car. It's all about the camera tricks, lol! :grin:

Enjoy!

See it here:

This is such a beautiful picture! How much post processing was done (if any)?

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is such a beautiful picture! How much post processing was done (if any)?
A bit. It wasn't quite the most beautiful of Long Island sunsets. :plain:

Mostly I just adjusted highlights to bring out the sky. The Subaru dark greys are phenomenal at picking up the colors of sunsets in the paint reflection (one of the reasons I keep resorting to "boring grey").

·
Registered
492 Posts

The beach was packed. There's a line of trucks, fisherpeople and people playing football behind the car, lol! If you look really closely through the front windshield and out the passenger window, you'll see a couple fishing rods sticking out of the sand behind the car, and someone fishing. I managed to hide a couple dozen other vehicles and many people behind the car. It's all about the camera tricks, lol!

Enjoy!

See it here:

That is an awesome photo!

Hey come take some photos of ours. We're just a short trip down to FL, lol.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By far the best pic of Ascent I have seen!
Should be on the brochure or some other promo material!
Thanks! Subaru of America is featuring it in some upcoming social media posts on FB, Twitter, etc. Maybe I'll get published in Drive magazine again too - crossing fingers.

Photo looks great I wish I had a chance to get on the beach in OBX but didn't have time.

What tires did you end up getting?
245/65R17 Kumho Road Venture AT-51's on Liquid Metal Shadow 17x7.5, 114.3/5 bolt patter, 40mm offset rims.

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Robert.Mauro did you notice the Ascent driving differently with 17 inch rims? I like the way it drives now but having more rubber would be nice especially with the pot holes in my area.
Softer on pot holes, and a little different solely because of the extra knobbies on the all terrains. Softer on cornering (but not in a way that becomes bad), but that too is largely (though not entirely) the all terrains and something I experienced on my Outback when I switched to same size all terrains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.