Subaru Ascent Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used my sunroof today for the first time this season. My front panel was cracked on the driver’s side from the back headed forward. The crack is clearly from the inside with no point of impact.
Yikes! Sounds exactly like mine! My Subaru service manager was blown away. Replaced with no issue and no charge especially after mentioning other Ascent owners had the exact same occurrence. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up my Ascent Touring went on vacation came back to a hairline crack in the sunroof panel. There was no point of impact that can be seen and can only be seen & felt from the inside. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Thought it may be part of the missing weld at first but Subaru confirmed my vehicle was not one of the affected units.

I know we had pretty good weather/storms in my area while away. But tempered glass should not crack like this, temps should not have varied so much.

Dealer and Corp will be taking care of replacing and cost - hopefully not a habitual issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring opened the moon roof cover to discover crack straight down the middle of the glass. No point of impact and you can only feel the crack from the inside. Just brought it to my dealership in Huntington Beach there looking at it and will let me know if it is covered. Hoping they are as stand up as they have been on the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ours cracked overnight in the garage. Dealer says it’s the 3rd they’ve had to replace for the same problem. Awaiting a reply from Subaru about what they’re going to do about it. I’m sure everything is slow these days due to social distancing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ours cracked overnight in the garage. Dealer says it’s the 3rd they’ve had to replace for the same problem. Awaiting a reply from Subaru about what they’re going to do about it. I’m sure everything is slow these days due to social distancing.
I’d be very surprised if it’s not fixed quickly. Just replacing of the glass. People are canceling appointments a lot around here and my new transmission was ordered, shipped, delivered, and installed in 5 business days?Even the service manager expected another week.
they replaced it and the moonroof and and moonroof glass with no issues and no payments from me. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No im still getting blown off. I understand that these are different times but its raining and over three weeks no word pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
No im still getting blown off. I understand that these are different times but its raining and over three weeks no word pretty disappointing.
It is not clear what you mean by getting blown off. Does that suggest they disagree with you, or does it mean they have passed it on to SOA and they have not gotten back to you or does it mean that the dealer agreed to fix it but they have not set an appointment. What gives?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This means when i call the H.B. dealership it has been sent to Subaru they have not replied and mean while its raining cats and dogs with a crack in my sunroof and i am a patient person but common now.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
This means when i call the H.B. dealership it has been sent to Subaru they have not replied and mean while its raining cats and dogs with a crack in my sunroof and i am a patient person but common now.
I strongly suggest you contact SOA directly. I recently had an incident where some photos the dealer took of my vehicle were supposed to be sent to SOA but the dealer representative handling the issue did not sent it properly so SOA never even knew about it at all. When I called to follow up with the dealer they too said that, oh it may take time given the lockdowns etc., but then SOA told me that while they indeed have been largely working from home, they had not known about the case. They immediately followed up and acted appropriately. In your case SOA may or may not know about it, but a phone call from you is important to get action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 2019 Ascent Limited and opened the shade earlier this week to discover a nearly 12 inch crack smack in the middle of the sunroof between the driver/passenger seat. Definitely no impacts and nothing can be felt from either top or bottom. Fully internal crack but it is large and getting larger. Quite extraordinary! Will be taking it to dealership and claiming warranty coverage (I hope) tomorrow or early next week!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Have 2019 Ascent Limited and opened the shade earlier this week to discover a nearly 12 inch crack smack in the middle of the sunroof between the driver/passenger seat. Definitely no impacts and nothing can be felt from either top or bottom. Fully internal crack but it is large and getting larger. Quite extraordinary! Will be taking it to dealership and claiming warranty coverage (I hope) tomorrow or early next week!
I have seen this on a 2019 loaner Ascent

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's not just Subaru's with this problem, it's like the airbag issue it affects nearly all manufacturers. Check out the other car forums and you'll see it's a common problem. Along with windshields that crack easily, moonroofs explode for no reasonable explanation etc.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
It's not just Subaru's with this problem, it's like the airbag issue it affects nearly all manufacturers. Check out the other car forums and you'll see it's a common problem. Along with windshields that crack easily, moonroofs explode for no reasonable explanation etc.
which is why I didn't want one for my Ascent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my Ascent Touring went on vacation came back to a hairline crack in the sunroof panel. There was no point of impact that can be seen and can only be seen & felt from the inside. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Thought it may be part of the missing weld at first but Subaru confirmed my vehicle was not one of the affected units.

I know we had pretty good weather/storms in my area while away. But tempered glass should not crack like this, temps should not have varied so much.

Dealer and Corp will be taking care of replacing and cost - hopefully not a habitual issue.
I had same issue. Subqru is covering the cost for a new one.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts