Subaru Ascent Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used my sunroof today for the first time this season. My front panel was cracked on the driver’s side from the back headed forward. The crack is clearly from the inside with no point of impact.
Yikes! Sounds exactly like mine! My Subaru service manager was blown away. Replaced with no issue and no charge especially after mentioning other Ascent owners had the exact same occurrence. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my Ascent Touring went on vacation came back to a hairline crack in the sunroof panel. There was no point of impact that can be seen and can only be seen & felt from the inside. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Thought it may be part of the missing weld at first but Subaru confirmed my vehicle was not one of the affected units.

I know we had pretty good weather/storms in my area while away. But tempered glass should not crack like this, temps should not have varied so much.

Dealer and Corp will be taking care of replacing and cost - hopefully not a habitual issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring opened the moon roof cover to discover crack straight down the middle of the glass. No point of impact and you can only feel the crack from the inside. Just brought it to my dealership in Huntington Beach there looking at it and will let me know if it is covered. Hoping they are as stand up as they have been on the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ours cracked overnight in the garage. Dealer says it’s the 3rd they’ve had to replace for the same problem. Awaiting a reply from Subaru about what they’re going to do about it. I’m sure everything is slow these days due to social distancing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ours cracked overnight in the garage. Dealer says it’s the 3rd they’ve had to replace for the same problem. Awaiting a reply from Subaru about what they’re going to do about it. I’m sure everything is slow these days due to social distancing.
I’d be very surprised if it’s not fixed quickly. Just replacing of the glass. People are canceling appointments a lot around here and my new transmission was ordered, shipped, delivered, and installed in 5 business days😳Even the service manager expected another week.
they replaced it and the moonroof and and moonroof glass with no issues and no payments from me. Good luck and keep us posted!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts