Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Ascent Touring went on vacation came back to a hairline crack in the sunroof panel. There was no point of impact that can be seen and can only be seen & felt from the inside. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Thought it may be part of the missing weld at first but Subaru confirmed my vehicle was not one of the affected units.

I know we had pretty good weather/storms in my area while away. But tempered glass should not crack like this, temps should not have varied so much.

Dealer and Corp will be taking care of replacing and cost - hopefully not a habitual issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just opened my roof panel thinking I haven't used my sunroof in a while and there's a crack with no sign of impact. What was the outcome with yours?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had the same thing in mine when I took delivery back in early July. They had no answer for what might have caused it as it was the lower sheet below the lamination. It took a week or two to order in a replacement and it took 5 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing in mine when I took delivery back in early July. They had no answer for what might have caused it as it was the lower sheet below the lamination. It took a week or two to order in a replacement and it took 5 minutes to replace.
Same issue here. There was a crack on the inside of the panel running front to right-side-edge corner of the roof. Dealer provided excellent customer service to get it replaced. The part took about two weeks and roof panel replacement was less than an hour.

Definitely wondering on how the crack was only on the inside part of the panel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The same thing happened to my Ascent Touring. My wife and I were driving a couple of days ago and heard a loud crack. Since we couldn't see any obvious damage we continued driving. After we got home I noticed a hairline crack in the sunroof. It was about six inches long and was somewhat curved starting at the upper left above the front passenger's head. No visible sign of an impact but I could feel a small crack on the inside, but not crack on the outside. I will take it to the dealer later today to see what they say. I'll post the results.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw a small crack in the corner and it is from inside, and I let dealer know, waiting for next steps.. looks like many posted issues I do have :p .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Follow up on crack in sunroof

I got a call from my dealer a couple of days ago and was asked to bring my Ascent in to have the crack in the sunroof fixed. It took about an hour and there was no charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a crack above the passenger seat in my 2019 Ascent. Dealer had no idea how it could have happened and now have to wait 2 weeks for a “consultation “ with the body shop. I’ll post my outcome but I hope this is covered under warranty. I will be sure to show them this forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All...Sorry have not been on in a while. Dealer fixed with SOA assist. SOA provided me with 3yr Maintenance Plan for the inconvenience. Hope you all got something for your inconvenience as well.

Unfortunately, on road trip down to Bourbon Country had a semi spit up a rock or something while the interstate banked right and cracked the windshield. So now searching for advise/tips for fixing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wifes Ascent is only about 2 mos old and we just noticed it has a crack in the sunroof. I thought this would be a fairly isolated problem but after reading this thread I don't think it is. Sounds like the dealer took care of the problem though which is good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a crack above the passenger seat in my 2019 Ascent. Dealer had no idea how it could have happened and now have to wait 2 weeks for a “consultation “ with the body shop. I’ll post my outcome but I hope this is covered under warranty. I will be sure to show them this forum!
I am just curious if your dealer took care of the problem? Same thing happened to my wife this morning. She parked it in the garage last night without a crack and woke up this morning with a crack. No point of impact. We have a 1 week wait before my Subaru dealership will look at it but they are very skeptical and stated that they have never replaced a sunroof before. I told them about this thread and they did not seem to care. I will post the outcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just sent pictures of my sunroof to dealership. Went to use sunroof and realized there was a crack on the driver side from the back moving forward .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am just curious if your dealer took care of the problem? Same thing happened to my wife this morning. She parked it in the garage last night without a crack and woke up this morning with a crack. No point of impact. We have a 1 week wait before my Subaru dealership will look at it but they are very skeptical and stated that they have never replaced a sunroof before. I told them about this thread and they did not seem to care. I will post the outcome
I would just like to add that dealer is taking care of my sunroof. They said the part was on back order and it would be a couple weeks before it came in

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would just like to add that dealer is taking care of my sunroof. They said the part was on back order and it would be a couple weeks before it came in
Thats good to hear. My wife has taken hers in for pictures to be taken of the sunroof crack and then they've sent them to Subaru Canada to take a look at. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our sunroof cracked a few weeks after we purchased our Ascent. Our Subaru Dealer could not replace the sunroof and referred us to a third party. It took about two weeks for the special order glass to come in. This morning, we took the care for repair. The technician replaced the glass, opened the sunroof, and the glass cracked again. Now we are back at the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our sunroof cracked a few weeks after we purchased our Ascent. Our Subaru Dealer could not replace the sunroof and referred us to a third party. It took about two weeks for the special order glass to come in. This morning, we took the care for repair. The technician replaced the glass, opened the sunroof, and the glass cracked again. Now we are back at the dealership.
Dealership replace the glass of my ascent it was under warranty. First glass that came in to dealership was broken had to re-order came in within a day very good service. Your dealer should be taking care of it .

1 - 20 of 68 Posts